Live Stoners Back Growing after 10 Years

All of the new growth on the strawberry pie auto looks odd, it’s all pointing straight up and a bit twisted, I’m due to start bloom nutes on the next feed, any idea what might be causing this?

Attachments

• 9917BC88-A074-49B1-B78E-5B0E37BE9AA4.jpeg
    9917BC88-A074-49B1-B78E-5B0E37BE9AA4.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 8F69B187-6F4C-44FB-BFD0-EF3FF45A5466.jpeg
    8F69B187-6F4C-44FB-BFD0-EF3FF45A5466.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 59AD544E-8D21-4395-8F12-33B935E068CE.jpeg
    59AD544E-8D21-4395-8F12-33B935E068CE.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 34
All of the new growth on the strawberry pie auto looks odd, it’s all pointing straight up and a bit twisted, I’m due to start bloom nutes on the next feed, any idea what might be causing this?
Heat stress? Has it been hot in your grow area or do you think the light is too close?

Heat stress? Has it been hot in your grow area or do you think the light is too close?

Temps are consistent due to ac unit, 21 - 27 my 240watt LED is around 30 inches above the canopy…. Light has been in that position untouched for a good few weeks so don’t think it’s that, there is plenty of air movement also. The plant looks healthy other that that

When did you water them last? I don't think it would hurt if the pot is not already real wet to give them a dose of plain water.

When did you water them last? I don't think it would hurt if the pot is not already real wet to give them a dose of plain water.

The last watering she had was plain water, I gave her first nutes about a week ago and thought it was too early so next watering 48hrs ago was plain water again, I think you are right, next watering I’ll go plain again then introduce low dose nutes on the feed after that

The devil cream auto is going to finish a few weeks ahead of the strawberry pie, how would you guys go about drying the DCA? Ideally I would use the tent but as the strawberry pie will be in there I don't have that option....

The devil cream auto is going to finish a few weeks ahead of the strawberry pie, how would you guys go about drying the DCA? Ideally I would use the tent but as the strawberry pie will be in there I don't have that option....
what I did that worked well is hang the drying branches from wires mounted inside a large cardboard box vented to the tent intake via some clothes drier hose. That way, the RH inside the box could be adjusted by the amount of air allowed to be sucked through the box and into the main tent. I mounted a small RH/temp gauge into the cardboard box, and put a computer fan in there to stir the air. It worked well, and allowed me to sequentially harvest the main tent. Any small appliance box with enough height to handle how you hang your harvest would suffice. I found mine for free at one of the local appliance/furniture stores. They are usually happy to get rid of them. This setup was used in a winter grow when I had low RH in the lung room, it would not work well if your lung room is too high RH for drying bud.

Good luck with it. :biggrin:

Thanks for the rep @hairyman, much appreciated. I forgot to mention that the box folds up for storage without removing the wires. Fold it back out, apply a bit of tape, and she is in business after storing off season. The box I have would not work for hanging whole plants, but with the ability to control the RH well, that is less of a problem. A decent long dry can be done if that turns one's crank. I have been happy with 5-7 days or so to get the bud close to jarring moisture.

Oh yeah, it may have been obvious, but venting to the tent not only allows RH control, it also prevents smell escaping from the drying bud - it ends up being sucked through the filter in the tent. Keeping the better half happy... :biggrin:

Thanks for the rep @hairyman, much appreciated. I forgot to mention that the box folds up for storage without removing the wires. Fold it back out, apply a bit of tape, and she is in business after storing off season. The box I have would not work for hanging whole plants, but with the ability to control the RH well, that is less of a problem. A decent long dry can be done if that turns one's crank. I have been happy with 5-7 days or so to get the bud close to jarring moisture.

Oh yeah, it may have been obvious, but venting to the tent not only allows RH control, it also prevents smell escaping from the drying bud - it ends up being sucked through the filter in the tent. Keeping the better half happy... :biggrin:
Sounds like a great idea, I have some 4 inch flexible ducting so I can build a box that is effectively an air intake for the main tent, like you say as long as the seals are taped up well smells should be contained as the negative pressure will be maintained

I

have your system in place ready to go! Thanks for the advice.

Back