Grow Mediums AutoPots and BioTabs, but what's the ideal medium?

Chronic_passion

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hi All, :welcome:

I'm hoping to start a bit of a debate here... :eyebrows:

Currently I'm using Canna Professional Plus Coco with perlite mixed at about 60/40 respectively and my Mephisto Sweet n Sour is doing rather well however when she's harvested I'll be starting a new 4 pot grow and wanted to pick the brains of all you experienced AutoPot, BioTab growers so I can make the most out of my system.

System:
4x4 tent
4-6 AutoPots with AirDomes - (res has an inlet valve fitted to mains water so it self fills).
8x RapidLED Growmau5 v2 pucs
HR-15 humidifier on INKBIRD controller
2x 180W tube rads on INKBIRD controller set at 26C
RVK extractor with Rhino Pro filter on SMSCOM controller

I've found various candidates for my next substrate and searched multiple grow journals, looked on the BioTabs and AutoPots site etc. but haven't found any true answer to what the "ideal" medium is for BioTabs and AutoPots.

There are so many options it's starting to confuse me:
Canna Professional Plus Coco with perlite or hydrocorn?
GoldLabel Hydrococo?
BioBizz Lite Mix with perlite or hydrocorn?

I'm in the UK too if that makes a difference.

So...

What do you think is the best medium for use with AutoPots and BioTabs and at what mix ratio?

Lets discuss... :smokeout: :thanks:

Found it easiest to use light mix with perlite 30%. Coco worked well also.
Seem to struggle with lack of N in later stages and have used up to 5 biotabs during a grow.
Bio pk during flowering.
I dont adjust ph....just keep it basic..:pass:

Hi All, :welcome:

I'm hoping to start a bit of a debate here... :eyebrows:

Currently I'm using Canna Professional Plus Coco with perlite mixed at about 60/40 respectively and my Mephisto Sweet n Sour is doing rather well however when she's harvested I'll be starting a new 4 pot grow and wanted to pick the brains of all you experienced AutoPot, BioTab growers so I can make the most out of my system.

System:
4x4 tent
4-6 AutoPots with AirDomes - (res has an inlet valve fitted to mains water so it self fills).
8x RapidLED Growmau5 v2 pucs
HR-15 humidifier on INKBIRD controller
2x 180W tube rads on INKBIRD controller set at 26C
RVK extractor with Rhino Pro filter on SMSCOM controller

I've found various candidates for my next substrate and searched multiple grow journals, looked on the BioTabs and AutoPots site etc. but haven't found any true answer to what the "ideal" medium is for BioTabs and AutoPots.

There are so many options it's starting to confuse me:
Canna Professional Plus Coco with perlite or hydrocorn?
GoldLabel Hydrococo?
BioBizz Lite Mix with perlite or hydrocorn?

I'm in the UK too if that makes a difference.

So...

What do you think is the best medium for use with AutoPots and BioTabs and at what mix ratio?

Lets discuss... :smokeout: :thanks:

Hey CP! :D

I use Biobizz Lightmix - no added perlite.
After trying both just the bare bones (only tabs) and the lineup in the starter pack - i would recommend the starter pack.

Other ammendments i use inclue the BioPk for flowering, a bit of biobizz Grow, some Orgartex (that comes in the starter pack) and some Biosys beneficials.

No PH .. I start with tescos water (it's 6.2) and after going past the seedling phase, i'm happy to use the tap water (dechlorinated).

2 tabs is enough for a 60-80 day strain in my opinon. Although for longer, i'd add an extra tab later in the grow.

Hope this helps!

Hey guys thanks for the input, great help.

So that's 2 in for the Bio Bizz light mix :d5:

I bought enough BioTabs sundries to last a whole year in the 420 sale. Basically everything in the starter pack but bigger sizes and I opted in for the silicium flash to help with calmag def too.

@Duggy you say 30% perlite... is that in addition to the perlite already in the light-mix?

@blue thanks for the tips. I was looking at the pk 5-8 for flowering next run.

Back