Grow Mediums Autopot XL Tray container options and 3 & 5 gallon buckets

Reaction score
Realized today that an Autopot XL tray can house the 6.6gal pots, 5gal fabric among other sizes, and 3/5gal buckets. I looked around plenty before making my Autopot purchase, and ended up with the 3.9 gal over the XL 5gal fab/6.6gal plastic based off my planned grow tent size. Had I known about the 3/5 gallon buckets also fitting, I think I'd have went with all XL trays. Hopefully this info comes at a better time for someone doing the same research as I was for outfitting their grow. The white 5 gal bucket in photo is just a white food grade bucket from Menards.

Attachments

• IMG_1961.JPG
    IMG_1961.JPG
    1,000.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1962.JPG
    IMG_1962.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1963.JPG
    IMG_1963.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
I get large plants in the 5 gallon, and have actually downgraded to the 2.2 gallon.
6.6, wow!!! :cool:

I currently have 2 AutoPot XL trays going, each holding an extended (overlapped a row and bolted on another 1/2 of a pot at the top) #3 (yellow bottom) Air-Pot (which are rigid and for me preferable over fabric bags) with once daily manual feeding/filling using 60/40 coco/perlite; currently using Adv. Nutr. pH Perfect Connoisseur Grow and Bloom. So far (late veg), everything is going very well - plants seem to like bottom feeding, which is all they ever have received from the very start.

I also am trying out 2 Octopots, with one plant in mid veg (Auto Brooklyn Sunrise/Dutch Passion) and the other near harvest (Colorado Cookies (auto)/Dutch Passion). So far for me both are in record-size range; and the Octopot system, also involving a bottom feeding reservoir, is working very well. I'm probably going to buy another one.

Last edited:
Realized today that an Autopot XL tray can house the 6.6gal pots, 5gal fabric among other sizes, and 3/5gal buckets. I looked around plenty before making my Autopot purchase, and ended up with the 3.9 gal over the XL 5gal fab/6.6gal plastic based off my planned grow tent size. Had I known about the 3/5 gallon buckets also fitting, I think I'd have went with all XL trays. Hopefully this info comes at a better time for someone doing the same research as I was for outfitting their grow. The white 5 gal bucket in photo is just a white food grade bucket from Menards.
Nice catch on the big buckets, I may give them a try in my trays at some point. The top of the medium would stay drier in the taller pots if that were an issue for anyone.

Happy autopotting peeps. :pighug:

I get large plants in the 5 gallon, and have actually downgraded to the 2.2 gallon.
6.6, wow!!! :cool:
I have yet to put anything in the 5 gals, it's coming soon since that what was sent. I have seen some people fold them on over and only fill about 3 gal. My thought was to use the 3 gal buckets, big enough for my area, cheap and very durable.

Back