New Grower Autopot on the terrace/outdoor

Reaction score
I've researched on the forum but I haven't found any discussion about this.
I love coco and in fact my next grow will be with coco.
Now I don't know if i will have the time to take care of the plants and the weather in September/October will nice usually where I live the temperature are still fine and I get about 12 hours of sunlight.
My question is about the temperature of the solution inside the tank.
This is going to be on a terrace where in august I had temperature over 35° and you could not walk without shoes...
My idea was to buy a cheap 47 liters tank and just two 15 liters autopot, but I don't know If i must take care of the solution inside the tank, I mean what happens if the solution become to hot?
My idea is to buy two tanks one will be on the terrace when the weather is fine, and another inside my home when there is too much wind/rain etc..
Saw some nice rta drip system for air-pots but for now it's out of my budget.
Thanks in advance guys, peace and love and happy growing to everyone!

I do not think it will be a problem. Autopot don´t ust the water in the thank all the time.
It only take water in when the trade is empty and the plants just suck the water up.
If it gets too hot it´s more likely that it´s the pots that get´s to hot.
I think sometimes it´s best not to see all the problems forehead but try and be surprized that it works much better than the "experts"
from internet says it will.

Rilla.

You can insulate the tank to start. When temps are high you can top up tank with cool water/ nutes.
Keeping the tank out of direct sun will be helpful. If heat gets too much you can buy a small chiller for the tank. I would also recommend the airdomes as they do boost growth. Add 50% perlite or pebbles to the coco and watch them grow...:pass:

Thanks for the reply guys, as @GoeRilla said maybe it's better to try without seeing problem everywhere.

Back