Grow Mediums Autopot first run questions

I have a friend that I mentored a little in growing autos. I got him onto Floraflex like I use. I do not use autopots, though I must admit they look appealing. Anyway, he gets monster plants. But he also has the issue with brown spots on pretty much every grow. He wanted to dump more calmag. I told him no, no, no! But he's also in another state. So it's really hard helping him diagnose long distance.

Yeah running bottom clay pebbles I’m wondering if I have too thick of a pebble layer in the xl pots.
Supposedly the size and/or texture differential can make the wicking effect more difficult. I run straight soil down to the copper disc.

I have a friend that I mentored a little in growing autos. I got him onto Floraflex like I use. I do not use autopots, though I must admit they look appealing. Anyway, he gets monster plants. But he also has the issue with brown spots on pretty much every grow. He wanted to dump more calmag. I told him no, no, no! But he's also in another state. So it's really hard helping him diagnose long distance.
Does he worry about the spotting or just send em to flower? I’m thinking about repotting without the clay pebbles and air domes. Thoughts?

Does he worry about the spotting or just send em to flower? I’m thinking about repotting without the clay pebbles and air domes. Thoughts?
Yeah he worries constantly. I think a lot of it has to do with running the Floraflex full strength.

Depends on how big they are.

Depends on how big they are.
Yeah he can get them bigger than I can though I manually feed my coco. He goes to harvest but he’s had the spots every run.

Back