New Grower Autoflower Defoliation Technique

Reaction score
I'm trying a new defoliation technique and loving the results. I don't top as that can slow vertical growth too much but what I've tried this round is removing the 4th set of leaves under the 5th node and I've found they just explode and bush out. Here is a Blueberry Kush Auto this technique was tried on and she's just got dozens of bud sites. she's still got 4-5 weeks left to go.

20160808200119948-1.jpg

here is an auto galaxy i tried the technique on and she's got 5 colas coming off her. she'll be ready in 2-3 weeks

20160808200142941-1.jpg

it's worked so well here is a 4 week old Blueberry Kush auto and an example of the defoliation technique i use. i wait untill the 5th nodes fan leaves are large enough. the girls dont even seem stressed at all and the exposed interiors just explode with growth.

20160808200214102-1.jpg

so all in all i think it works great rather than tying her up and LSTing.

Last edited:
good looking plants. are those your plants ? i would like to know a lil bit more of this technique.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

ya they're mine, i'm a medical patient in wa state with a recognition card and have a dr's auth for up to 15 plants.

All it is is pinching off the 4th set of leaves after the 5th node has formed exposing the interior of the plant to the light. I rotate em every couple of days and have em under 2 platinum led p300's on a 20/4 light schedule in a 2x4 hydrobuilder tent. using the fox farm soil trio at the minimum general feeding dilituon, on a feed-water-feed schedule every 4 days depending on how they look (if they start to droop i water or feed em depending on where I'm at in the schedule)(I always water 1 hour before lights on), they get a foliar spray of fox farms flowers kiss until preflowers form once a week staring at week 3, and cutting edge's sugaree starting 3-4 weeks from the end to fatten em up as it has no added phosphorus just 0-0-2 K as potassium sulfate to help the girls eat up all that sugar.

Last edited:
ya they're mine, i'm a medical patient in wa state with a recognition card and have a dr's auth for up to 15 plants.

All it is is pinching off the 4th set of leaves after the 5th node has formed exposing the interior of the plant to the light. I rotate em every couple of days and have em under 2 platinum led p300's on a 20/4 light schedule in a 2x4 hydrobuilder tent. using the fox farm soil trio at the minimum general feeding dilituon, on a feed-water-feed schedule every 4 days depending on how they look (if they start to droop i water or feed em depending on where I'm at in the schedule)(I always water 1 hour before lights on), they get a foliar spray of fox farms flowers kiss until preflowers form once a week staring at week 3, and cutting edge's sugaree starting 3-4 weeks from the end to fatten em up as it has no added phosphorus just 0-0-2 K as potassium sulfate to help the girls eat up all that sugar.
My plants are 50 days old and have big leaves blocking light can i remove ak47

marywanther

My plants are 50 days old and have big leaves blocking light can i remove ak47

marywanther

ya, as long as its only a few that are blocking light to small side buds. did the same thing to a somango girl that i didn't try this technique on as a control. dont expect much veg growth but the buds will at least get bigger.

side growth is just exploding on one side of the BBKA and its why i rotate em every few days to maintain even growth.
20160810_213456.jpg

those are solo cups buried in the soil. i cut the bottom off of a solo cup filled with happy frog and plant it in a 30/70 fox farm ocean forest/happy frog mix with 1/4 inch pumice on the bottom. i do it this way as it helps not to over water as autos put out a tap root that goes straight down. once their big enough i water the pot and the cup then when flowering starts just the pot and not the cup. they seem to like this watering and solo cup method a lot.

Last edited:
Back