Autoflower day 38 - not flowering

Reaction score
Hi guys!!

I'm having a problem with my first grow and I could use some help please. Let me do a quick intro to my setup:

Growing a Royal Gorilla Auto, from RQS
Soil with 25/30% perlite
7/8L pot
2x2x4 tent

Light: 600w LED (136 actual watts) around 45cm from the canopy

100mm exhaust fan (100m3 / hour), connected to my carbon filter and a small 4volt pc fan blowing some air to the plant.

I've been mostly using calmag only in her feeds since I haven't spotted any nute deficiency and she's growing in soil with an NPK base.

I'm currently on day 38 and I see no sign of flowering or pre-flower. The tops have a slightly lighter shade of green. I've been trying to LST since day 20/21 but she seems fairly small comparing to some other ladies I see here. She has showned sex already, but no pistils appearing. She's 40% indica and 40% sativa.

Usually an auto will enter bloom after 3/4 weeks and I'm on the middle of week 6 right now.

Anyone with similar problems? Could this be a photoperiod seed instead of an auto?

I can count around 14 possible tops, but no pistils :(

What can I do? Just have patience and wait a couple more days/weeks?

Thanks!! :D

Photo from day 37
fotografia.JPG

Light schedule?

You may have to go to 12/12 to get her to go.

you could have a bean that the auto gene went recessive... or an accidental photo.

Closer pics of one of the tops would help! From what I see, she has the look of ready to go....

Light schedule?

You may have to go to 12/12 to get her to go.

you could have a bean that the auto gene went recessive... or an accidental photo.

Closer pics of one of the tops would help! From what I see, she has the look of ready to go....

Sorry mate, forgot that detail! She's been on 18/6 since germination. I have veg and bloom spectrum on since day 14, to use the full 136 actual watts.

I will try to take more pics when I'll get home from work and will try to post them later on today.

Would you switch now to 12/12 or wait a couple more days?

Could I switch to 12/12 to induce flowering, and then get back to 18/6?

And btw, what do you mean by "she has the look of ready to go" ? :p

Thanks! :D

Alot Al times 12/12 will induce the auto in them, as far as when to flip that depends on you.

I might wait another couple days, the pic is a bit far, but, the look, things look to be tightening @ the tops. Which happens prior to flower. Also, different strains pistils will vary in size thickness and color.

For me the decision would come down to what else was in the tent. If I had a full tent, I'd let her go, not wanting to shorten the light period for the others.

If she was my only one.... I might flip. Kinda a growers call here.

Thanks for the help! :)

Here she is, today, day 38 when i got back from work.

fotografia 5.JPG
fotografia 4.JPG
fotografia 3.JPG
fotografia 2.JPG
fotografia 1.JPG

I think I'll still wait a couple more day, since she's a single child in my tent and has been kind of a small grower so far, as you can see, she's not very tall. I've been trying to make her flat and bushy, trying to keep a flat canopy.

What's you tought of her?

Thanks for the help! :)

Here she is, today, day 38 when i got back from work.

View attachment 991959 View attachment 991960 View attachment 991961 View attachment 991962 View attachment 991963

I think I'll still wait a couple more day, since she's a single child in my tent and has been kind of a small grower so far, as you can see, she's not very tall. I've been trying to make her flat and bushy, trying to keep a flat canopy.

What's you tought of her?

Rqs are known for monster plants. She is still small. I would wait a couple weeks see if she starts. May also be good to search and see what others are doing running same strain.

Never know what you will get with autos. I have had some preflower and stretch and some that get big and go straight to full flower.

Rqs are known for monster plants. She is still small. I would wait a couple weeks see if she starts. May also be good to search and see what others are doing running same strain.

So those 80-90 days they say from seed to harvest are irrealistic? Cuz if she keeps a couple more days or weekks in veg and then has 7-8 week of flower she will take around 110 days! :(

The ladies you had that went straight to full flower, how long did they veg? +\-

Since she' still small, I'll just be patient with her, still have some vertical room in the tent, but I confess I'm a bit worried.

But overal, does she seems healthy and happy to you?

So those 80-90 days they say from seed to harvest are irrealistic? Cuz if she keeps a couple more days or weekks in veg and then has 7-8 week of flower she will take around 110 days! :(

The ladies you had that went straight to full flower, how long did they veg? +\-

Since she' still small, I'll just be patient with her, still have some vertical room in the tent, but I confess I'm a bit worried.

But overal, does she seems healthy and happy to you?
Pretty much the "times" they quote are a perfect run, cut for market, so as soon as you can call it done...
Seems I'm always 2 weeks over advertised times.

Back