Auto topping thread,pushing the auto limits;)

Good day growers im a master photo and auto grower.but my passion is with autoflower seeds.i been on a mission for 5 years growing now trying diffrent methods of training on autos to see what they truly behold.truth is autos aint no diffrent to a normal plant other than they flower on there own.u can top lst supercrop and defol autos with monster results if done at the correct time.oviously every plant is diffrent so always use the seed info as a rough guide;) and a short plant can yield just as much as a tall plant;) in this thread i will show u all along the way of the true limits of autos and there true potential as i grow them for u all to see;).also if ur an auto grower who likes to push the limits,do speak up and all pics of ur autos and talk and all questions welcome on pushing the auto limits.here a few examples of the results achived topping an auto young followed by later lst.few heavy defols along the way ,gives u an army of dominant colas and a big heavy yield.and a beautiful plant.here is automazar topped and lstd;)
_20160929_163743.JPG
_20160929_163801.JPG
_20160929_163846.JPG
_20160929_163908.JPG
_20160929_163945.JPG
_20160929_164001.JPG

For a new grower trying to expand his knowledge this thread is a damn gold mine. I just got my first grow in and it was a real jungle in my small 2.8x2.8 ft tent with 2 AutoColorado Cookies from DP.
I definitely want to try out some training to get a more even canopy next time around. Although I was eager to defoliate a lot unnecessary fan leaves during my first grow I refrained from it, but reading this thread it seems that it should be fine to do that. However, I'm concerned as to how much exactly I can cut off when trimming without hurting the plant. Also, would I cut off just the leave or with the stem?

I'm also interested in scrog, topping or just some lst, but mainly I want to get the aforementioned jungle under control.

Shum welcome and very true.been there myself with height restrictions topped late on and still budded well,thats originally why i started topping autos and pushing there limits to keep them low and get as much out the plant as possible.the rest is history;).but topping an auto doesnt keep them low its strain dependant;).to keep low u wna top young then followed by some lst;) happy growing;)

Mugen welcome and thanks.defol with an auto is good anywere after 3 to 4 weeks of age if she is big and strong.dont remove stem.u can remove leafs and growth that isnt seeing light.i always give a heavy defol in veg after done my lst lets more light in for middle growth.and again at preflower after stretch i give another heavy defol ready for bud production and let best light in to the buds.and i will remove any leafs from then on as needed ;)but more importantly i also defol for good air flow around my plants less chance of bud rott;) happy growing

Okay, so this is really all about timing. I'll try to develop a feeling for when they're ready, which will logically just come with experience.

When you're topping you only do it once though, right? And that results in 8 main colas?

Mugen very true its all down to perfect timing.and as u say over time u will get the feel for it.but the info i give will give u the same results i get;) oviously each strain acts diffrently to topping and training ,upto us growers to find the the true monsters;) yea i top once.and yes topping at the 4th node will give u 8 dominant branches to work with.top at the 3rd give u 6 branches.top at the 5th node will give u 10 branches.when u lst u will create even more dominant budsites;)

Good day all been 3 days since i topped one of the autowhite widows.day 18 for both plants today both shown sex and growing fast;) here is the topped lady
_20170117_141747.JPG
_20170117_141824.JPG
_20170117_141843.JPG
and the untopped lady
_20170117_141900.JPG
_20170117_141916.JPG
_20170117_141937.JPG
group shot;)
_20170117_142025.JPG
happy growing every1;)

Ben thanks alot mate.and plain water on leafs is ok.but if ur water contains nutes then try not to get on ur leafs as can burn them and make them look strange.but wont effect ur plant.happy growing;)

Back