Auto topping thread,pushing the auto limits;)

Good day growers im a master photo and auto grower.but my passion is with autoflower seeds.i been on a mission for 5 years growing now trying diffrent methods of training on autos to see what they truly behold.truth is autos aint no diffrent to a normal plant other than they flower on there own.u can top lst supercrop and defol autos with monster results if done at the correct time.oviously every plant is diffrent so always use the seed info as a rough guide;) and a short plant can yield just as much as a tall plant;) in this thread i will show u all along the way of the true limits of autos and there true potential as i grow them for u all to see;).also if ur an auto grower who likes to push the limits,do speak up and all pics of ur autos and talk and all questions welcome on pushing the auto limits.here a few examples of the results achived topping an auto young followed by later lst.few heavy defols along the way ,gives u an army of dominant colas and a big heavy yield.and a beautiful plant.here is automazar topped and lstd;)
_20160929_163743.JPG
_20160929_163801.JPG
_20160929_163846.JPG
_20160929_163908.JPG
_20160929_163945.JPG
_20160929_164001.JPG

I had somewhat success with main line ... I just treated it like anything else... may stall a week or so.. but as long as there’s green you should be good ..
Mind you I don’t know what new advancements in torturing autos has come along but I think me and someone else were among the first to give it a good go on the autos.. I think it was 4th nodes like usual.
Personally I prefer to try and open the canopy up and remove some fans but still hate doing it.. but it does help.. in my opinion

I’m now playing with supercroping and have fears, but in mossy we trust

And here is think big auto,same treatment;) pics dont lie;) strong genetics oviously help.dutch passion all the way;)and make a grow alot more enjoyable;)View attachment 684983 View attachment 684984 View attachment 684985 View attachment 684986 View attachment 684987 View attachment 684988and my current topped girl and later lstd.just finishing up.kannabia seeds mikromachine auto;)View attachment 684993 View attachment 684994 View attachment 684995will be harvested in a week .here are the replacements.dutch passion auto whitewidow all 3 of these girls.2 older girls will go topped vs untopped.so will keep progress updated;)View attachment 684997lots to learn and as always questions welcome anytime il always be here to help.thats all for now.happy growing every1;)
they all look great This is my first indoor grow and my first auto grow,I"ve been a back yard grower for 20 + years .I bought some bubble gum auto seeds from mnsl and read the seed info before I started her it said from germ to harvest 60 days well I am on day 76 LOL,she is verry healthy and has great bud structure ,could it be my led's arent strong enough???

Attachments

• 20210715_122833.jpg
    20210715_122833.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 93
they all look great This is my first indoor grow and my first auto grow,I"ve been a back yard grower for 20 + years .I bought some bubble gum auto seeds from mnsl and read the seed info before I started her it said from germ to harvest 60 days well I am on day 76 LOL,she is verry healthy and has great bud structure ,could it be my led's arent strong enough???
My eyes are no PAR meter or w/e it’s called let alone with blurple... you want the reds for flower.
And the seed guys lied to you most likely

...could it be my led's arent strong enough???
She's gorgeous! If your lights are a little weak maybe you can increase the hours of light to make up for it? Like go from 18/6 to 20/4 or more.
My own Bubble Gum Auto turned out to be a photo. She's on day 92, and still a long way to go (noob mistake: I didn't flip her to 12/12 until day 63).

I had somewhat success with main line ... I just treated it like anything else... may stall a week or so.. but as long as there’s green you should be good ..
Mind you I don’t know what new advancements in torturing autos has come along but I think me and someone else were among the first to give it a good go on the autos.. I think it was 4th nodes like usual.
Personally I prefer to try and open the canopy up and remove some fans but still hate doing it.. but it does help.. in my opinion

I’m now playing with supercroping and have fears, but in mossy we trust
@Vapo loves torturing autos with excellent success,
it's something I'd love to try lol

I started on page 1 of this tutorial and have gotten up to page 68 out of 240. I'm a slow reader, so I finally skipped to the end today. In the meantime i did my 4th topping experiment last night, a Jelly Rancher by Humboldt that was a freebie from HembraGenetics. Snipped above node 4 on day 21, the first day there was enough of node 5 to snip:
JR_day21_top.jpg
My last top was a GG4 Auto, also snipped above node 4 on day 20. Node 5 was so small I missed a little, so I'm getting an accidental lesson in FIM. Here she is a couple of days ago on day 36, with 8 branches from nodes 1-4 and the 2 in the middle from the FIM:
GG4auto_day36.jpg
I look forward to learning here.

I started on page 1 of this tutorial and have gotten up to page 68 out of 240. I'm a slow reader, so I finally skipped to the end today. In the meantime i did my 4th topping experiment last night, a Jelly Rancher by Humboldt that was a freebie from HembraGenetics. Snipped above node 4 on day 21, the first day there was enough of node 5 to snip:
View attachment 1358106
My last top was a GG4 Auto, also snipped above node 4 on day 20. Node 5 was so small I missed a little, so I'm getting an accidental lesson in FIM. Here she is a couple of days ago on day 36, with 8 branches from nodes 1-4 and the 2 in the middle from the FIM:
View attachment 1358107
I look forward to learning here.

Topping works good, I have done it several times. I don’t believe in topping at a specific node though. I believe it is best to top autoflowers when they are growing at a fast rate (healthy) and mature enough to take the stress.

But, if you LST properly, you will get a lot of main colas with less stress.

@Vapo loves torturing autos with excellent success,
it's something I'd love to try lol
Thank you my dude.....I do love what I do....maybe too much:muahaha::muahaha:

Back