Lighting Auto COB vs Optic 1 COB vs MarsHydro Reflector 48

Sounds like a plan! MC? VPD? Sorry, I'm not yet savvy to the lingo. lol.
Megacrop and vapor pressure deficit lol basically proper temps and humidity

Megacrop and vapor pressure deficit lol basically proper temps and humidity

Oh. lol. I'm going to have my small grow in my bedroom, that way as i stay warm/cool so will the plant. I'm starting with only one auto but i want to buy a strain that really produces. I took note of Fast Buds, is there any others you would recommend? If your busy dont worry about responding, i feel like I've been asking to many questions. :doh:

Oh. lol. I'm going to have my small grow in my bedroom, that way as i stay warm/cool so will the plant. I'm starting with only one auto but i want to buy a strain that really produces. I took note of Fast Buds, is there any others you would recommend? If your busy dont worry about responding, i feel like I've been asking to many questions. :doh:
Any mephisto top quality always i haven’t grown autoseeds but have heard great things about them. Potency and yield.

Dinafem alwys a solid genetics too. I have their bubba Kush and moby dick xxl to run.

@Mizzo81 I've heard / seen good things from both of those seed co's. I'm really interested in the Moby Dick XXL as I want to yield fat buds. Thanks man, I'm honestly taking notes.. lol P.S. I love the smell / taste of a good kush!

Have you adjusted the settings on the Mars cob?
hmm ? settings you say ?

Edit: ahh yes I see where you can make the adjustments. The driver gets super hot as it. Not sure how much more I would want to push it. I think 60% is about the norm for cobs ? Isn't the CBX 3950 being driven pretty hard @ close to 100w already ?

Last edited:
hmm ? settings you say ?

Edit: ahh yes I see where you can make the adjustments. The driver gets super hot as it. Not sure how much more I would want to push it. I think 60% is about the norm for cobs ? Isn't the CBX 3950 being driven pretty hard @ close to 100w already ?
No the lights are made for 150w, driver is 100w max. so even running full power you will only be at 75%. I have a 8x8 with power set at 90% max temp is 120 f. But this light is by far the brightest I own.

Mean well specs say drivers are safe to operate up to 158 f.

Mean well specs say drivers are safe to operate up to 158 f.

It's a little confusing but here is how I understand it. The efficiency of the light depends on the amount of current going through it. By upping the current you are getting more light but less efficiency or less light per watt and a shorter life span. I am sure there is a sweet spot for the cbx, and I would assume that is where mars has it set by default.

It's a little confusing but here is how I understand it. The efficiency of the light depends on the amount of current going through it. By upping the current you are getting more light but less efficiency or less light per watt and a shorter life span. I am sure there is a sweet spot for the cbx, and I would assume that is where mars has it set by default.
Anything past 75w you start to lose but not enough really to matter. Mine was only running 50w when I received it. It's now 80w and has been since 3rd day of use with no issues.

Back