Lighting Auto COB vs Optic 1 COB vs MarsHydro Reflector 48

Well I’ll say the 65 watt autocob shouldnout do the 54 watt optic 1 but the 100 watt should outdo the autocob lol. Don’t know about the mars. I like my autocobs I have gotten some fine yields under them.

Well I’ll say the 65 watt autocob shouldnout do the 54 watt optic 1 but the 100 watt should outdo the autocob lol. Don’t know about the mars. I like my autocobs I have gotten some fine yields under them.
Thanks for the reply Mizzo, I have been very interested in the Cob lighting but just want to make sure i purchase the correct light. How well do the autocobs perform? if you dont mind me asking.

It’s nothing to get a 3-4 ounce plant under one. I’d u got growing skills u should be able to get that and some.

Thanks for the reply Mizzo, I have been very interested in the Cob lighting but just want to make sure i purchase the correct light. How well do the autocobs perform? if you dont mind me asking.
I have only done a couple grows with the autocob and mars cob, and so far I have not noticed a big difference between the two for weight at the end of my grows. I'm not growing from clones, so this is more of a general observation between the 2. The mars is a fair bit more expensive and sucking more power so I definitely like the autocobs better.

EDIT: should also be noted that the mars gets a lot hotter, and the build quality was kinda meh. Screws laying in the bottom of the dome upon arrival and a scratched up dome. (I couldn't even get the screws to line up to go back into the heatsink lol)

Last edited:
Sounds great! I think I may have to order one of them. Thanks alot Mizzo, I appreciate your responses. Have a good one.

I have only done a couple grows with the autocob and mars cob, and so far I have not noticed a big difference between the two for weight at the end of my grows. I'm not growing from clones, more of a general observation between the 2. The mars is a fair bit more expensive and sucking more power so I definitely like the autocobs better.
Awesome, so you own a Mars Reflector 240 and an Autocob? If they get the same results, the Autocob sounds like a better choice. Also it seems the Autocob should have less light spill [light is directed] than the Mars, correct?

Sounds great! I think I may have to order one of them. Thanks alot Mizzo, I appreciate your responses. Have a good one.
Can’t go wrong in a 2x2 nice thing is u can always add a second for flower if u wanted.

Awesome, so you own a Mars Reflector 240 and an Autocob? If they get the same results, the Autocob sounds like a better choice. Also it seems the Autocob should have less light spill [light is directed] than the Mars, correct?
sorry my bad, I own the mars cob not the reflector... I jumped the gun a little and didn't read the full title

Back