Live Stoners Australian Growers Thread

Reaction score
Purpose of this thread is for Australian growers to share their tips and tricks for maximising autos.

We don't have access to the same array of cannabis specific products as fellow growers in other countries. And, the elephant in the room when sourcing gardening products in Australia is Bunnings. They are ubiquitous and cheap. Therefore, if you can give advice about sourcing products from Bunnings, or another national distributor, it would be helpful as they are accessible throughout the country to the majority of growers.

P.S. If I'm doubling up on a thread here apologies in advance. I did search for Australian specific advice on AFN but it was sparse.

@missoss Howdy mate , First up I grow in soil and that is all I know , but I have tried a number local nutrient brands , so if you are a soil grower I can help , plus I make my own soil -- organic -- and grow indoors most of the time a . Ps welcome to AFN . You will have a great time here .:thumbsup::vibe:

@missoss Howdy mate , First up I grow in soil and that is all I know , but I have tried a number local nutrient brands , so if you are a soil grower I can help , plus I make my own soil -- organic -- and grow indoors most of the time a . Ps welcome to AFN . You will have a great time here .:thumbsup::vibe:

Nobody, not nobody can tell us we cant grow soil monsters bud!! ;)

Hi @hecno,

Firstly thanks for the welcome. AFN is amazing. I'm totally hooked on growing autos now.

I too am growing in soil. I'm doing it in pots and I've already made a myriad of mistakes but I'll learn from them. I toyed with the idea of growing in a different medium but soil just seemed the best option to learn in.

I currently have two plants growing. One that is in week 9 and one that is just about to start week two. I'm growing in Osmocote Premium potting mix but I think it might've been the wrong choice. My runoff PH is really low (was 4.6 but now 5.1) and I think I've got lockout problems. I didn't mix in any dolomite as a buffer which I probably should've done when I added perlite. I'm putting my plants under an LED from 11pm till 7am (off peak electricity time) and then outside in the sun to get their 18 hours of photosynthesis each day.

Any advise or ticks that you or anyone can share for our climate and using the products available in Australia would be most valuable. I'm hoping that this thread will benefit others, not just me. I'll always share any knowledge I amass but I think I'm a long way from having the expertise to pontificate with any authority.

Any advise or ticks that you or anyone can share for our climate and using the products available in Australia would be most valuable. I'm hoping that this thread will benefit others, not just me. I'll always share any knowledge I amass but I think I'm a long way from having the expertise to pontificate with any authority.

where in aus?

it's a big country with a huge amount of variation between north and south, central and coastal.
don't need to give us your home address, just general area.

nsw, vic or sa would be a lot like cali, but queensland can get real tropical.
so strains, indicas or sativas or hybrids, could vary a lot.

oh, welcome along to afn!

:love:

where in aus?

it's a big country with a huge amount of variation between north and south, central and coastal.
don't need to give us your home address, just general area.

nsw, vic or sa would be a lot like cali, but queensland can get real tropical.
so strains, indicas or sativas or hybrids, could vary a lot.

oh, welcome along to afn!

:love:

Adelaide.

I'm growing one indica (Sweet Seeds Red Poison) which will be ready for harvest in a few weeks and I've just started a sativa (Delicious Seeds Critical Neville Haze).

Adelaide.

I'm growing one indica (Sweet Seeds Red Poison) which will be ready for harvest in a few weeks and I've just started a sativa (Delicious Seeds Critical Neville Haze).

you could prob use euro strains, north cali / washington / maybe even bc strains around there, huh?

show us some pics! :D

Back