Are these salvageable?

If you used espoma tomato tone, thars basically chicken manure and feather meal and its pretty hot when its decomposing. Not a terrible issue when top dressed. but mixed into the soil. it could cause problems with seedlings. then. If you happened upon a fresh batch of ffof thats also potentially hot (for seedlings) that could compound the issue...Looks like that may be the issue here.
gl
Thanks for the head up Tom. I've done this mix in the past with great results, but maybe you're right and it's just too hot. I've just never had this problem before. Maybe next time I'll put the amended mix in the bottom and just soil in the top part of the pot. I start my seeds in the expanded seed starters to try and let them get going before they hit the hot stuff.

for the most part Auto's are salvageable they usually pull through,
as long as they are not dying. just might not get the greatest of yields,
:pass:
Good Luck,
lots of stretching, need a slight breeze
just Curious how many hours are the light on ?
I start my seeds at 24hr then knock them down to 18/6 once they get going. I have 2x QB96's in there, lots of red in the spectrum. I also had them dimmed too low. I'm trying what TheBedroomGardenerUK said and hoping for the best.

You're more than likely going to run into issues with calcium locking other stuff out. FF adds lime to their soil already, so adding more may very well cause that or PH issues. Really no reason to keep a humidity dome on after the first set of real leaves come out, especially with your RH already in a pretty ideal zone. Not sure how long you've had them off, but that may be contributing to the stretching issue. As someone who has only grown in FFOF, adding other stuff to it to start is unnecessary and is going to cause you issues later as it is already pretty heavily amended. I know nothing about your light, but with the major stretch you've got going on I would think you may need to increase your brightness or lower your light some. Personally, I would not give up on the little one yet. If you want to put something else in that space instead you can always repot her into a solo cup or a 1gal pot that won't take up too much space. I've had some plants make some serious comebacks, so unless they're clearly dead-dead I generally won't give up on them.

Exhibit A
View attachment 1398309View attachment 1398310View attachment 1398311

Exhibit B
View attachment 1398312View attachment 1398313

Exhibit C
View attachment 1398314View attachment 1398315View attachment 1398317
Holy cow man, those are amazing comebacks! You've definitely given me some hope here.

I always worry about the yield. Lights cost a lot to run for a grow so if I f'd them up or it is a weak seedling. I would either repot in a smaller pot Like suki said and start some new ones or pitch them. You can try to bend the stem kink it and get the flat and bury it. What you got to lose. They are a little small for ten days but only the one looks really bad. These are the decisions a gardener must make.
I am hoping the two pull through and get back on track, but I started another seed to replace the little one. We'll see how this goes...

Move your lights closer, Use more blue spectrum if you can. They are stretching for more light.

Nothing you can do about the soil now. Go to Buildasoil.com and learn how to make soil for cannabis.
you never answered his question ,
he knows they stretching not his first attempt.
do you think they are salvageable, or should he start new was his question , what do you think ?
:pass:
PS @ Mañ'O'Green sorry my Lets go Brandon sig offended you and was to political for afn

Back