Status
Not open for further replies.
this was a :
Bombardier beetles are ground beetles (Carabidae) in the tribes Brachinini, Paussini, Ozaenini, or Metriini—more than 500 species altogether—which are most notable for the defense mechanism that gives them their name: when disturbed, they eject a hot noxious chemical spray from the tip of their abdomen with a popping sound.

The spray is produced from a reaction between two chemical compounds, hydroquinone and hydrogen peroxide, which are stored in two reservoirs in the beetle's abdomen. When the aqueous solution of hydroquinones and hydrogen peroxide reaches the vestibule, catalysts facilitate the decomposition of the hydrogen peroxide and the oxidation of the hydroquinone.[1] Heat from the reaction brings the mixture to near the boiling point of water and produces gas that drives the ejection. The damage caused can be fatal to attacking insects. Some bombardier beetles can direct the spray over a wide range of directions.

I will rep participants

So the answer was

:crying::funny::bravo: Good one, Brother!

I have just under 4 hours left in 2016 and the ball falls in TIMES SQUARE That is the pinnacle of my new years eve and I am Canadian. You got to dig TIMES SQUARE on this night. I love this site what a great year I had a lot of fun on here and looking forward to 2017 YAHOO
61\2 hours to go, here. I may have to take a nap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back