Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that would be totally awesome except I wouldn't win :(
I don't feel like I would have a chance either but it could still be fun. I've never grown in a solo cup. How much could you expect to yield from one?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

P1030714.JPG

Coconut rice and beans - don't think I've heard of that one. Tell me more

Playing catch up @Duckster. Coconut rice, rice made with coconut milk. The milk is from grated coconut usually squeezed out by hand through a cloth. But you can find it in some stores. Silk sells a coconut milk that's processed. Can't vouch for it but probably good.. Not the coconut water or oil.
Just cook the rice how you like it.The beans are dry red or black simmered Caribbean rather than Spanish style. But you can make em as simple as some onion, garlic, old bay, cajun. spice. I'll give my wifes version but not til shes home.but she puts habanero in hers, something you might want to offer at the table. I like the rice alone with beans on the side so to really get the coconut flavor. But tradition calls for the rice to be mixed in with the beans and in 37 years I have not been able to convince Mr.s Feenix it would be ok. So we settled on a generous amount set aside and tradition reigns. The whole mixture is delicious with the coconut adding to the mixture of flavors. Any of the leftover white I'll throw in the wok next day and it adds a new dimension to fried rice. Through the caribbean, the pot sits on a low heat and when empty, the burn is scraped from the bottom and kids love it like candy. Me too.
:pass:

No he was just saying how we should have one
Now I'm curious about growing in a cup and it's probably the only thing I have room for in my tent. I think I'm going to try it just for giggles, and because I have 10 free orange crack seeds lol.

We had a contest here a couple years ago, we grew in a shot glass! was quite interesting!

Now I'm curious about growing in a cup and it's probably the only thing I have room for in my tent. I think I'm going to try it just for giggles, and because I have 10 free orange crack seeds lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back