Any Help is Appreciated - Tops Yellowing

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with this? I've looked at videos and pics but I'm not sure what my problem might be. This keeps happening to me since I've switched to RO water. Starts at about day 40-55 depending on the size of the plant. I just started giving cal-mag in my res about 5 days ago but this is continuing to get lighter. It's like the led's are bleaching the plants. It started with the plant in front and just in the past couple days the smaller one in the back is starting to show the signs. Is this cal-mag deficiency or what could this be?

Mephisto Forgotten Strawberries Day 56
200w LED QB
Super Soil mix in Roots Original 50% of 6 gall pot
Top half of 6 gallon pot is just plain Roots Original
Autopots XL 6 gallon
RO Water
Temps are good at 75
24 hour light sched
I've given them 2 compost teas in the past 2 weeks composed of EWC, Molasses, Kelp, and Flower Girl
Top dressed with organic flowering fertilizer and a few tablespoons of the super soil mix.

Attachments

• PXL_20210626_000547227.jpg
    PXL_20210626_000547227.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 53
  • PXL_20210626_000528144.jpg
    PXL_20210626_000528144.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 58
  • PXL_20210626_000504133.jpg
    PXL_20210626_000504133.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 58
  • PXL_20210626_000438315.jpg
    PXL_20210626_000438315.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 51
Keeep giving cal/mag and make sure your PH is correct.How close are your lites?Looks she needs higher dose of nutes with nitrogen. I would also consider going 18/6 on your lite

@Aaron Thrower :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:I think you are locking out the Calcium and Magnesium with either too much of it or too much Nitrogen or Potassium. Or just too much of everything.

2021-01-23_16-05-01.jpg

Keeep giving cal/mag and make sure your PH is correct.How close are your lites?Looks she needs higher dose of nutes with nitrogen. I would also consider going 18/6 on your lite
Well I don't check the ph. I thought that was one of the benefits of growing in soil. I put the correct, prescribed about of dolomite lime in my super soil mix so that should buffer that. I'm pretty religious about keeping my light height at 22-24 inches but yes I think I'm going to reduce my cycle to 18/6. It surely can't hurt that much yield. I'm using soil so I don't add anything to the RO water except for cal-mag now. I'm going to do another compost tea tomorrow. Thank you for the feedback.

@Aaron Thrower :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:I think you are locking out the Calcium and Magnesium with either too much of it or too much Nitrogen or Potassium. Or just too much of everything.

View attachment 1335474
Thanks for your post. I'm growing in soil so maybe my mix isn't quite right.

Don't give it calmag. High chance it will make it worse. It looks over fertilized to me bud. Which has caused you a lockout. What you'd have to do is perform a flush. Sadly with soil this can be a bitch because soil holds a lot of water for longer. This is why I prefer coco now. Feed large amount of water balanced water until you achieve run off in the pot. Check your run off ppms and ph and post back and i will advise from there for ya

@Aaron Thrower when you fertigate with RO, Calcium and magnesium only you are creating an unbalanced nutrient condition around the roots that source too much Cal-mag to the plant. When ever you fertigate it should be in balance for your soil. You state that you added Dolomite lime in your mix. It is a major source of Calcium and Magnesium and even with RO water you should not need to add more to the pot.

:goodluck:

Back