Almost harvest time -- or nute burn?

:pass: Mike, the low RH% might be behind this,.. other common culprit is spraying something on the pistils,.. even rain will brown them out, and not in the usual color change way,... hard to say in this light, but the first pics above look to have some color to them, not the dull brown grey typical of fried pistils,...
new pics are phat! :d5: --love me some pointy spears! yeah, a week, 10 days-ish as a guess,... as long as you're scoping the trich's, you'll be on top of things,... there's always going to be some white pistils, clear trich's on new bracts (calyxes), so don't factor them in, look at several bud sites all over the plant for assessment,... How much amber is a personal call and how the strain is known for the buzz it gives,.. ambering comes from THC degrading into CBN, a narco-sleepy cannabinoid... plants don't actually make CBN,... Personally, I don't like more than 15% amber, regardless of strain,.. but I plan for longer term degradation too, as more forms over time and storage conditions,...
:cheers: :headbang: Cheers on gutting it out and steering out of the skid, mate! :slap:

:pass: Mike, the low RH% might be behind this,.. other common culprit is spraying something on the pistils,.. even rain will brown them out, and not in the usual color change way,... hard to say in this light, but the first pics above look to have some color to them, not the dull brown grey typical of fried pistils,...
new pics are phat! :d5: --love me some pointy spears! yeah, a week, 10 days-ish as a guess,... as long as you're scoping the trich's, you'll be on top of things,... there's always going to be some white pistils, clear trich's on new bracts (calyxes), so don't factor them in, look at several bud sites all over the plant for assessment,... How much amber is a personal call and how the strain is known for the buzz it gives,.. ambering comes from THC degrading into CBN, a narco-sleepy cannabinoid... plants don't actually make CBN,... Personally, I don't like more than 15% amber, regardless of strain,.. but I plan for longer term degradation too, as more forms over time and storage conditions,...
:cheers: :headbang: Cheers on gutting it out and steering out of the skid, mate! :slap:

I was hoping to be able to avoid humidity management (to a degree) by timing the grow to finish just when winter was really settling in here. I have really good air circulation in the tent, and the internal RH never gets more than 10 points above the room. It had not occurred to me that I would need to elevate the RH, as I was entirely focused on it not getting too high.

The next project will be three pots that will take up most of the horizontal space in the tent, so if RH becomes an issue I will have to manage it passively by lowering/raising the RH of the whole room. Though I expect it to finish before the weather starts kicking up the moisture in the air.

Thanks for the kind words, and the rep :)

hey, better low than high right now! And I'm not 100% sure it's to blame,... if you were in the low teen's, single digits,.. that'd be another matter,.... but if you still have 20's%, slow down the air movement some to reduce transpiration stress,...

hey, better low than high right now! And I'm not 100% sure it's to blame,... if you were in the low teen's, single digits,.. that'd be another matter,.... but if you still have 20's%, slow down the air movement some to reduce transpiration stress,...

The breeder says this strain should be ready to chop between 60 and 70 days. (Low Ryder 2) This morning was day 85 :)

Colas are still (albeit very slowly) packing on clusters. The trichs look like they could be (or are starting to) clouding over. Unfortunately, with my awful eyesight, and unsteady hands, getting a good look is hard to do. Some the lower fans are starting to yellow, so I think that's a good sign.

Still going through 2 liters of nutrient solution a day, so it sure seems to be very much active.

Looking forward to chopping this lady down soon.

Main cola:
20180123_170152.jpg

There are four other decently sized bud sites. Here's three of them.
20180123_170210.jpg

And, finally, this one is a little shy. She's fairly good sized, but apparently wants to hide behind fan leaves.
20180123_170204.jpg

Flushed the res today, and that should be pretty much the last one of those this time round.

finishing off with Advanced Nutes Grow/Bloom/Micro at .75ml/L, Overdrive at 1.5ml/L and General Hydro CalMag+ at 1ml/L

At this point I am on autopilot waiting for the right time. Not much else to do.

breeder times are "optimistic" sometimes! .... how's the RH% been? Can you get me some close-up's of the tops? I see some odd coloring, grey-brown-? Or is tbhat just muddy purple,... checking for mold! Get a magnifier mate, glasses, whatever it takes,.. you're close, days maybe,....

Look at the hairs on the flowers are they all shriveled up and wrinkled? If you take a close up clear pic with your phone then zoom in you might be able to see when it's 30% amber.

breeder times are "optimistic" sometimes! .... how's the RH% been? Can you get me some close-up's of the tops? I see some odd coloring, grey-brown-? Or is tbhat just muddy purple,... checking for mold! Get a magnifier mate, glasses, whatever it takes,.. you're close, days maybe,....

"Optimistic" indeed.

The RH has been between 20 and 40% with good air-flow. We're on day 90, and I think I am going to chop her down no longer than 100 days out. It might be a tad early, but I have to get the next grow started if I hope to have it finished before the high humidity kicks in around here.

The first three pics are of the main cola. While I do have a macro lens for the camera, it conveniently obscures the flash, so its of little use unless I leave the grow lights on, and the colors just get washed out that way. So these had to be taken without it.

20180128_134726.jpg

20180128_134731.jpg

20180128_134736.jpg

And one each of the three remaining secondary colas.

20180128_134800.jpg

20180128_134806.jpg

20180128_134815.jpg

The fourth cola met with an unfortunate "accident" shortly after I ran out of medicine. Chopped it about an hour after my last post. The timing was terrible, as just a few days later the frost started to build up in earnest. As it is, it gets the job done, but in hindsight I wish I had let it be.

Going to take some trimmings and put them under a microscope later. Zooming into the pictures shows lots of trichs, but they don't look terribly opaque to me.

Look at the hairs on the flowers are they all shriveled up and wrinkled? If you take a close up clear pic with your phone then zoom in you might be able to see when it's 30% amber.
It looks to me as though about half to 60% of the pistils are brown/wrinkled. I took some pics a minute ago, and I can't really tell from these the state of the trichs. Going to get a better look later today.

Back