A Question On Grow Dots/Water Only

Danielsaaan

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I’ve read that the Grow Dots are temperature activated (75-85F). My tent typically ranges between 73-77F. Would I still be able to try these out? I want to shift toward a water only style — with something like Recharge or a tea to supplement.
Am I on the right track?
What would you personally recommend?
Thank you!

I’ve read that the Grow Dots are temperature activated (75-85F). My tent typically ranges between 73-77F. Would I still be able to try these out? I want to shift toward a water only style — with something like Recharge or a tea to supplement.
Am I on the right track?
What would you personally recommend?
Thank you!
Well you could probably already guess my answer to this lol.:biggrin: But yeah you'll be fine. Temperature does play a role but so does moisture. It may release a tad slower if your temps are lower but those ranges you'll not have issues, my smaller tent often ran at those temps.

As far as the teas or recharge once weekly that's what the creator suggests. Personally Ive found that the recharge once weekly works but I still almost always notice a few issues. Out of my two tests plants though they both did great and produced well. My teas every 10-14 days is really doing well in my current grow and is what I would recommend as you can tailor the teas to what that plants need. For example my next compost tea I'll include some molasses and seabird guano to make a bloom tea. This recipe comes straight from the tea lab recipe card you get with their kit. I've found that pretty invaluable to figuring out the recipe for the compost tea at different stages as well as my base recipe.

I had not much luck with grow dots my temps where about the same as yours. the one plant did great till the stretch then it got n toxic and I think it might have stunted it a bit got like 20 grams off it. Then I tried again same amount per gal and that plant is like 8 inches tall and been dark dark green from day one and slow to flower. its still dark green and its been almost 2 months im sure. just saying YMMV compared to someone elses. Other people have success and some dont. I wasnt so lucky so Im hanging up the grow dots unless I do photos then Im all for it. I want the control with autos. all planted at the same time grow dots middle. Still dark green. I wanted it to work so bad.
image.jpg

thats my 2 cents.

Back