Indoor A builders edge in grow room construction. Dream room

BigSm0

C O B S H O P . N E T
AFN Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Website
cobshop.net
hey guys and gals. This is my first grow but going to be my second grow room. Sort of like a grow journal I'm thinking of making a room journal.

Well it's not a dream room but it's probably perfectly sized for our states legal limit of 12&12
I have a shed that measures 12x20 and the back of it had a continued roof overhand that measures 8x20 so what I did was build a floor and walls to enclose the space.

The walls are 2x4 construction and the floors 2x8. I insulated the walls with a newer type of insulation called roxul. It's great for noise and mold resistant, the walls are done in green moisture resistant drywall, the floor was completely covered in 2" of ridgid foam then plywood over. The foam is r-8 which is good enough for me.

image.jpg
image.jpg

This is the smaller veg room. Same construction and measuring 4x8 sorry for the sideways picture. I pitched the plywood to the center and glued down a rubber membrane with a shower Drain in the center. Due to the size I didn't want to have saucers that needed vacuuming out so the Drain eliminates that labor. After the membrane went down I added 1/8" sheet of reflective insulation stapled Over the top of the membrane. This is a great product because it's waterproof adds insulation and should help reflect the light.

The rest of the grow room pic below
image.jpg
image.jpg

Will have 3 flood tables that measure 3x3 on a frame with caster wheels. The flood tables will also have drains that exit the shed so again no more vacuuming. Once this is done I'm putting in a resivour. The resivour will go to a 5 gallon buckets hanging from the ceiling that will also have a overflow line heading back to the resivour Just for when I forget to shut off the pump. From the resivour I will have a main waterline against the wall with 3 separate feedlines that enter each flood table with shutoff valves. When it's time to water I will just open each valve as needed to water each section of plants.

During the construction I added a header in the wall and framed an opening for a nice sized Ac unit and also another header with a small hidden door to the main shed.

Already time for an update lol. The lights I will be running will be 4 of the phantom 315 watt lec's. Tons of research and it's all been very positive for the newest lighting technology. The veg room will be powered by 2 Mars hydro 600's. They did a great job of vegging my first 12 plants.

Also running co2 from a bottle. I picked up a great controller and regulator from Amazon. This will also be plumbed directly to each of the flood tables for even distribution.

I'm up for advice so please feel free to add any info you all may have.

Subbed up for this mate I find this very interesting I gone with a grow cube in my garage in the UK but i been getting itchy fingers to bring down even though shes a excellent tent and transform the whole garage maybe i could hire you to fly over to the the UK and sort me out haha . GL man

Ever hear of the cowboy builders in the UK? It's funny how some shady builders hundreds of miles away make news here in the USA. Tents are great I just can't seem to spend money on something that limits my exact needs when I can build it.

My room for instance has a pitched ceiling and a tent is square. I did spend countless hours looking into a smaller tent to take the veg room space but gorilla was the only one that made a size close. Wasn't going to dump 600$ on a tent when that wall and membrane floor cost 300 and some time.

someting I have researched a ton is insulation. A lot of people under insulate on purpose to alleviate the heat. My thought is I'm running an Ac, co2 and sometimes heat. If it spins my meter I want to contain it as much as possible.

My wife is bent I spent 13 hours in the room yesterday. So I'll probably have to take a few nights off.

Still won't stop my mind from spinning though. What's next, what can I modify or make better? Lol it's painful to see zero progress.

Ordering a smaller 4" ipower fan with charcoal filter so I can get vegging ASAP. I'm going to run it off a thermostats fsn controller to lower heat when temps rise. The veg room door will just be a rig for now. Maybe a sheet or drop cloth. Everyday I'm not having plants in soil is a day's lost in grow progress.

I certainly have mate I despair for the poor buggers who get fucked over. Funny you mention the pitched ceiling my garage is exactly the same set up and as i became more successful growing I'm becoming aware how much more valuable all the space is that currently going to waste I think there could be a canny business for someone here in the UK who designed grow rooms to spec for our little cottage industry that mainly makes up the UK grow scene

Back