Lighting 6500k COB lights? Where do I find them?

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Mac & Cheese, Primal Punch, Arise
I’m looking for a couple of 6500k COB lights I can hand in my veg tent to supplement the 3500k QB fixture I have. Looking to help tighten the internodal spacing a bit. I start all mine under a T5 fixture and get nice tight spacing but once they get under the 3500k the spacing stretches out considerably. So, I thought a couple of 6500k COBs might be a good addition. Problem is, I’m having trouble finding them available. Suggestions on where I can find some good ones in stock?

I’m looking for a couple of 6500k COB lights I can hand in my veg tent to supplement the 3500k QB fixture I have. Looking to help tighten the internodal spacing a bit. I start all mine under a T5 fixture and get nice tight spacing but once they get under the 3500k the spacing stretches out considerably. So, I thought a couple of 6500k COBs might be a good addition. Problem is, I’m having trouble finding them available. Suggestions on where I can find some good ones in stock?
Cobshop.net

One thing to consider before you continue to search too deeply is that cobs and boards generally work at different heights. So you might consider another board in the veg spectrum instead of cobs.

It's interesting that you get a lot of stretch under 3500. I've found mine generally stay pretty squat under 3500k cobs. Maybe try lowering your light some and watching the plants for signs of stress?

One thing to consider before you continue to search too deeply is that cobs and boards generally work at different heights. So you might consider another board in the veg spectrum instead of cobs.

It's interesting that you get a lot of stretch under 3500. I've found mine generally stay pretty squat under 3500k cobs. Maybe try lowering your light some and watching the plants for signs of stress?

Maybe I’ll try lowering them more, like you suggested. When I looked on CobSop.net all I see are 3500k COBs. That’s why I posted here. Seems like maybe they’re out of them. Maybe the coronavirus causing supply problems. Thanks for the reply!

Maybe I’ll try lowering them more, like you suggested. When I looked on CobSop.net all I see are 3500k COBs. That’s why I posted here. Seems like maybe they’re out of them. Maybe the coronavirus causing supply problems. Thanks for the reply!

Cobs are getting harder to find in my experience. Boards and strips seem to be gaining popularity. Same tech, just more spread out.

Unless you have a lot of cobs run on low wattage they need to be kept higher than boards so mixing them is possible but not really advised IMO. I find cobs ran at 50 watts (like autocob) need to be at least 16 inches above canopy for photoperiods, and even higher for autos, or you have to dim them down.

Good luck trying your board closer!

I also have an issue when moving my vegged plants from T5 (6500k) to 3500k cobs &qb. It's almost like the plants revolt to change...my plants are 3-4 weeks old when moved to a bloom tent where they'll struggle for a couple of weeks before hitting the finishing surge.
In an effort to solve this issue, I've added one of my older lights, a 600w led...full spectrum...so I can rotate from light to light as the plants mature.
My last couple of grows have had less drama queens because of change so maybe I've solved it.
I'm currently running all lights at 18" with no noticable issues ...

not sure if they have 6500 or not I know they have 5000. opticledgrowlights.com

Back