53 days old Auto starting pre-flower?

Reaction score
Hi guys!!

First time grower with a stupid question:

I have currently a 53 days old auto that appears to be very late on her schedule. She didn't started flowering after the supposed 30-35 days.
After contacting the seed bank this week, they advised me to change the lights to 12/12 to induce flowering.

I'm still keeping my lights on 18/6 (since she's the only lady in my tent, and I'm beeing patient with her) and 2 days ago some pistils started to appear on the internodes of most of the side branches and also on the main one. There aren't any pistils on the tops.

Is she just showing sex and I will need to flip the lights to induce flowering?

Or are those tiny pistils on the internodes a sign that she is starting to flower and it's best to keep the lights at 18/6?

Thanks! :D

Happy grows

Sounds like she is only showing sex..... In pre-flower you will notice the leaf growth at the topsites really tighten.... here is a pre-flower image of my Red Poison.

f-93.jpg

Since auto's are crosses with photoperiod strains sometimes they just don't auto, though I have never encounterd this with Mephisto, Sweet Seeds and Fast Buds....

I would probably go with the 12-12 sched and see what she does.....

Hi guys!!

First time grower with a stupid question:

I have currently a 53 days old auto that appears to be very late on her schedule. She didn't started flowering after the supposed 30-35 days.
After contacting the seed bank this week, they advised me to change the lights to 12/12 to induce flowering.

I'm still keeping my lights on 18/6 (since she's the only lady in my tent, and I'm beeing patient with her) and 2 days ago some pistils started to appear on the internodes of most of the side branches and also on the main one. There aren't any pistils on the tops.

Is she just showing sex and I will need to flip the lights to induce flowering?

Or are those tiny pistils on the internodes a sign that she is starting to flower and it's best to keep the lights at 18/6?

Thanks! :D

Happy grows

Helps to have a picture. If it's small leave it.

Thanks mates!!

One of the other things I forgot to mention, is that most of the tops have now assymmetric fan leaves, they are growing with a small difference in the height of the stem. I've seen some people saying that this is a sign of the plant starting to flower.

This photo is from yesterday, day 52. When I get home from work I'll try to take some close up pictures to post here.
20190109_204027.jpg

Sounds like she is only showing sex..... In pre-flower you will notice the leaf growth at the topsites really tighten.... here is a pre-flower image of my Red Poison.

View attachment 998373

Since auto's are crosses with photoperiod strains sometimes they just don't auto, though I have never encounterd this with Mephisto, Sweet Seeds and Fast Buds....

I would probably go with the 12-12 sched and see what she does.....

I've noticed the leaf growth at the tops tightening a bit, but no pistils at all at the tops right now, like yours is showing in that picture. The tops also have a lighter shade of green.

Yeah I'd defol everything 6 inches from top then when she recovers flip light.

Looks pre-flower but a better close up shot would help. The good news is that she looks good..

Looks pre-flower but a better close up shot would help. The good news is that she looks good..
I'll try to update some more photos and close ups in about 3/4h. She's been giving me a lot of work with LST to try to keep her tops flat and away from the center b/c she's still relatively small. But great news knowing that she looks good :D

So here she is today. Sorry but I couldn't get some of the pistils on picture b/c of the flash.
You can see some of the asymmetric fan leaves and some tops :)
20190110_201454.jpg
20190110_201444.jpg
20190110_201439.jpg
20190110_201427.jpg
20190110_201414.jpg
20190110_201402.jpg
20190110_201345.jpg
20190110_201330.jpg

Back