Very nice and clean setup. I like that. Heatsinks are cool to touch? Are you from USA or EU?

Thanks
I learnt a long time ago about the importance of cabinet cleanliness and order.
The heat sinks are only a couple of degrees above ambient temps. I am surprised at how cool they run, although I am only running the COBs at 50% of their maximum rating.
I am in Australia. South east, just north of the border.

Damn man your in aus, living my dream, one day anyway lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Certainly am.

Living off the grid is so easy these days, with modern solar systems and wireless communications. It does have its challenges though. You really become aware of your eco footprint with this type of lifestyle.

After 40 years in Shitney I managed to get out with a little sanity intact, moved south and realised this is what life should be. I can feel my soul rejuvenating after years of abuse.

This is my back yard.

A garden shot as well. They are all out for some sun therapy.

Last edited:
Certainly am.

Living off the grid is so easy these days, with modern solar systems and wireless communications. It does have its challenges though. You really become aware of your eco footprint with this type of lifestyle.

After 40 years in Shitney I managed to get out with a little sanity intact, moved south and realised this is what life should be. I can feel my soul rejuvenating after years of abuse.

This is my back yard.

A garden shot as well. They are all out for some sun therapy.

my FIL was sort of doing it, gave me inspiration, he basically just lived in a tiny shack though so was kinda depressing and wasn't really completely off grid. i'd want to still have modern shit though especially internet lol how do you manage that with how bad our net is in this country?

also are you completely off grid? or still connected to council water and stuff? would love some advice, can PM if you dont want to clog up your thread.

Very very nice. And congrats on the escape to a new lifestyle. Retirement is still 7 years away for me... I'll be 70. Oh well.
Love your cabs and craftsmanship. I have plans to build enough solar to power my gardens. Life's expenses keep getting in the way, but one day.

Keep up the great work I know I am going to love following this one.

A big congrats on escaping the rat race mate! Its a lot of inspiration for a young'n as myself.
On that subject have you gone totally off grid with the solar? I love the idea of the batteries in series and would love to know how it went.

Back