Lighting 4 Quantum Board Light build and Test

pop22

Frankensteins Lab Leader
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
This project has been a long time coming! I've had the all the components for weeks, but was un-decided about how to build the frame. I wanted a somewhat modular design for some future experiments. I was in Lowes a few days ago looking at aluminum stock for a frame and a design idea finally hit me.
I want the base frame to be very light weight as the the heatsink/board is fairly light weight. I found some 1/2"x1/2" aluminum channel and decided to go with that. I'm building 2 frames of 2 boards each.

About Quantum Boards. The boards were designed by and built for
Northern Growlights / Horticultural Lighting Group. They use Samsung 561C, mid power, SMD chips, a very power efficient chip that produces a high PPF.

Here are the specs for these boards, including tested output and efficiency:
Quantum Board specs.png

I'll be using and HLG -320H-C2800b driver to run all four boards @ 700ma for about 76 watts per board. They will be wired in parallel

Second panel build will be tomorrow,had too much going on today!

4QB pic1 -2-27-2017.jpg
4QB pic2 -2-27-2017.jpg
4QB pic3 -2-27-2017.jpg

Already have three tents..lol! But I'm putting this in a 4'x4'x6.5' tent and will be doing a 4 strain, photo period test grow for Zambeza Seeds. I'll be using this light, so lots of interesting things happening!

Dont buy a tent, just frame your growspace in those units... Looking foreward seeing where this is going

If I were to use this light in an open room, I'd invest in the asymmetrical lenses for them and concentrate the light a bit. With a tent, wide angle beams are fine because of the reflective surfaces on all sides. I learned from my greenhouse that diffuse light can be just as good as direct light!

My first grow ever was with a 600w hps, i wrapped the grow in Panda plastic (black n White sided), and layed strips of pandaplastic om top of the pots so there was reflecsive materiale om All sides... Just shy og 500g grown in soil with biobizz nutes. So consider whitening your Ground surface too

My first grow was 600 watt Metal Halide I had $1.00 space blankets on the walls for reflectivity, was all I could afford at the time lol!

My first grow ever was with a 600w hps, i wrapped the grow in Panda plastic (black n White sided), and layed strips of pandaplastic om top of the pots so there was reflecsive materiale om All sides... Just shy og 500g grown in soil with biobizz nutes. So consider whitening your Ground surface too

Deffo want to learn more about these QB's. Subbed up.:pop:

You going to share your grow under these pimp lights?:pass:

Back