Mephisto Genetics 3BOG by Slowandeasy

slowandeasy

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hello, just started 10 3BOG seeds! All 10 had nice tails , just soaked in individual cups of,RO water about 36 hours. I planted them in straight Coco, precharged with 5ml of Magical,and 4ML of Voodoo juice. They were put into about 2l of Coco, and will remain there until they show sex. According to Mitch, 12-17 days from sprout. I know a lot of people plant directly into large pots. That is safer, however...I noticed slow growth when I planted directly. I have used straight Coco for almost 12 years, and I am a firm believer that plants and especially ROOTS, grow faster in smaller pots at first. Also smaller pots dry out faster, plants require more frequent feedings. I know it is a risk to transplant. But Mitch said they will grow the fastest that way. So I will give it a go. Once they are above ground, I will take pics. Thanks, Slowandeasy

Subbed up, love 100% coco. You get so much more out of much less medium.

What nutes do you prefer for coco? I been using the same Canna Coco a+b for about a year now with fair results, but i wonder if there is better stuff out there.

Looking forward to seeing your babies thrive.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply! I am going to try the Sensi Coco A&B with these Mephisto beans. But I have used GH Flora series on my photo plants forever. The past year I have actually been running powdered nutes for a company with excellent results...but I just use them for flower. However, the Auto plants did not like similar feedings as my Photo plants when using the powdered nutes. I have 2 Six shooters getting fed GH Flora and looking great, they are not flowering yet. I am just getting into Autos, so I do not have a solid formula like I have for my Photo plants. Will add pics once they are all above ground. Thanks, Slow.

Okay, with a little assistance, all 10 seeds are above ground with shells off.a couple needed help shedding it. Anyways, today is day 1 on all 10! so far so good. I will be taking them slow, plan on feeding very light nutes in 5 days or so. I will let the plants tell me. I am super impressed with how fast these germinated and sprouted! I look forward to the rest of the growth. Thanks again to Mephisto genetics. My first, but certainly not last grow of your seeds has begun. These 3BOG are my first seeds do be done using a new formula to me. I have very high hope for this grow, I will be updating frequently. Nothing exciting right now to look at yet, nut officially Day 1. I will be holding off until day 5, you all have seen fresh sprouts. 10/10. What strain should I start next? Thanks for following! Slow

I was trying to put a pic up, but it wouldn't work from my phone. I will us my wife's next time. Anyways, been about 24 hours since update. All the seedlings are up,and ready to go. I lowered my lights a little to avoid stretching. I will,be keeping coco moist with Calmag and voodoo juice with my RO water. Will add light feeding, will add pic then. Thanks, Slow

IMG_20161119_000638.jpg

Here they are, 10 3BOG! DAY 2. Will update pics weekly. Once they show sex, they will be transplanted into 2.2 gal pots, and using 10 AutoPots....the smaller ones. I will be transplanting different plants into the single AutoPots with 3.9 gal containers. Thanks for following. Slow

Hello, I believe this is day 4. I ran out of my first jug with just voodo juice and calmag. I made some very light grow nutes. Along with my Calmag and,upped the voodoo juice. The pots are drying enough to notice by weight, so I gave each a small amount of the light grow mix. About 3 of the 10 have similar leaf abnormalities from the get go. The,first set on a few are almost choppy looking
not a defined leaf tip, but more jagged wide. This is really really young, I am not worried, maybe that is a certain pheno? Anyways, I estimated feeding around day 5, it was 4. But I know the smaller containers are going to speed up my estimated times, especially at first. I will keep,lightly feeding as needed. And plan on upping the feed in 5-7 days.

Just a little update. Today is day 15. I have a couple that are clearly ahead of the rest a d a couple clearly growing slower. I put the 2 slowest ones under a 600 Watt HPS last night it is a little warmer, more light, and more airflow. I want my Coco to dry out faster than it is. Mitch suggests 1.5l pots til they show sex 12-17 days. I am sure if I had started them all under the 600, they would have filled the pots I have with roots good enough to transplant. Some are almost ready to transplant, others not. I know I am new to Autos, but I am not new to growing or using Coco. Anytime that I start seeds in the future under the flouros I used for the 3BOG, I will use smaller pots. I know what roots like moisture level wise for optimal growth. The roots need to seek moisture, and the plants will grow faster due to improved root growth and feeding more often. If you use 100% coco, your pots should remain moist...not wet at the beginning. I will go back to my own ways. I was trying to follow Mitchs way, he doesn't use Coco and is starting with bigger lights? All 10 of the 3BOG are growing better, and I am going to up my feed tomorrow. It looks like they might need more cal-mag, so I will be upping that too. I am not worried, they will turn out fine. I will be starting some Sour Crack seeds this coming week, and I Know they will get the best start yet out of the Autos I have started. I will start a Sour Crack Thread and share my personal method of starting Seeds. BTW, I will share some pics once they are in AutoPots 2.2 gal pits in a few days. Thanks

Ok, I have had the 3BOG plants on Bloom nutes for almost 2 weeks now, budding ok now. They were under a 200W California Lightworks bloom spectrum for about a week, then I turned on 6 individual cobs running 55w each too. So far so good. I have all 10 in a 4x4, but I am going to put 2-4 of them in a seperate area. I don't like crowding. Mitch said 9"could fit in a 4x4. But I wouldn't do more than 8 in that space at this size. I have a lot more 3BOG seeds, so I am not worried. I will be starting Sour Crack seeds this weekend. I have a bunch of the double AutoPots, looks like a 4x4 area will hold 8-10 plants in AutoPots max. I have 300+ Mephisto seeds, I will be starting seeds every 2 weeks, starting this weekend. Things changed dramatically for me last week. I had my left Hip replacement last week, and had some tragic losses. The only bright side is that I can now start more seeds sooner than I anticipated. Will share updated pics tomorrow of the 3BOG Plants. Thanks, Slow

Back