Outdoor 2020 outdoor guerilla auto grow

Reaction score
Ok so here it is. I am recording this grow... good or bad. I have had a lot of bad experiences with Autos as well as outdoor growing so this ought to be interesting. I am growing autos outdoors. I did this last summer which turned out to be, shall we say, "a learning experience?" So this summer I am hoping to build on that. I am hoping that the weather can't be as bad as it was last summer. It was the wettest summer I can remember in for-e-ver! I am also hoping that I can control the snails and slugs better this summer. I also picked autos that i am thinking will do well outdoors. So I'll give you guys some details...

What I am growing...
2 Mephisto- Northern Cheese Haze
2 Royal Queen Seeds- Northern Lights
1 Mephisto- Sour Orange Diesel Kush
1 Humbolt Seeds- Sour Diesel
1 Humbolt Seeds- Lemon Juice Express

These are all autos... I usually have cool damp weather in the fall and growing photos can often be all for nothing, so i like the idea of using autos that finish in July and August.

I started the seeds last weekend. I am not starting them in the final pots. I started them in tomato sized peat pellets. Shortly after they pop, they will be going into 2.5 quart pots. I mixed my own seed starter mix. I used a bag of burpee seed starter mix approximately 12 dry quarts. I then added 12 lbs of worm castings, some extra vermiculite, and about 8 teaspoons of the Dr. Earth seed starter dry fertilizer. This should keep them happy for the first 3 weeks. Then they will be going it 5-7 gallon fabric pots and going outside last week of May. I have not decided for sure what I am going to be using for the soil mix in the final pots. I will let you know when I decide.

Hey man are you transplanting directly?
What do you mean by "transplanting directly"?
I start my seeds in large peat pellets in a germination tray with a humidity dome and a heating pad. A couple of days after they sprout I am putting them in the 2.5 quart pots. They will be in these pots for about 2-2.5 weeks and then they will go in 5 gallon fabric pots and go outside...

If youve been transplanting autos surely this is why you are having poor success with them? Transplanting autos for the most part stunts growth ma
N

If youve been transplanting autos surely this is why you are having poor success with them? Transplanting autos for the most part stunts growth ma
N
I have not transplanted autos... And I already know why my success has been mixed. My indoor grow would have been better if I had raised the pots up off the cold floor... My last year's outdoor grow was destroyed by constant rains and snail and slugs... Plus a couple of weeks into flower they were showing signs they needed top dressed but I didn't take the time to do it...

I do not think my transplanting this year is going to be an issue.

So I am having a hard time deciding what soil to use when I transplant into 5 gallon pots. I think I know what I'm going to do but I don't want to over do it with the nitrogen...

Back