Mephisto Genetics 2019 Artisanal Communal Test Thread!

Hey guys,

For those doing test grows of the new artisanal strains, feel free to post updates and content of the progress in here. (By all means feel free to make personal threads too!)

As ever after +\- 2 years of us working these we’re super stoked to see them in your hands and see how you like them.

To everyone else, hope you enjoy the ride and all being well these will be available on 4/20.

Should add the new strains are:

Mango Smile:
This is Mango haze from Mr. Nice crossed with Toof Decay. Now feminized at F4.

Hubbabubbahaze:
G13/Haze x Hubbabubbasmelloscope, The G13/Haze was again a selection from Mr. Nice. Now Feminised at F4

Super Orange Haze:
This was from a cut acquired in Barcelona, originating from parts unknown! Super lemony and really greasy, crossed with our S.O.D.K. Now feminised at F4.

And lastly, Pink Panama,
Pink Panama is Panama/Deep Chunk from Ace Seeds/Cannabiogen crossed with a pink auto sativa breeding strain. The F1 cross of this strain was made back around 2011 and then shelved as we had a tonne or projects to investigate but we resurrected it from the archive when we had a few more sativa based projects on hand to play with.

The Hubbabubbahaze and Mango Smile have been utilized already to make an F1 cross with the Old School haze cut from super sativa seed club.

Sativas have always been my favorite toke since my youth of visiting Amsterdam and having an actual strain menu to choose from, combined with the Thai import we used to get in the Early 2000 period,

I’m hopeful that these additions balance the catalog out and bring good vibes to all.

Please note: From our trials They do largely behave with sativa influences (as you would expect) they can be finicky to environment and food, and the cycle Time is on the longer side of our usual spectrum. Yield potential is really good and what we’ve sampled so far has been pretty electrically Devine.

Cheers Mitch & Co.
I love a strong Sativa I'm in Heaven this is a monumental year. A heavy Sativa haze based strains from the best auto seed company in the business. OH YEAH

Good Job so far! I am curious, what is the upside down up Tiered thing you have going on? I see some people use it as a non transplant method, but yours is elevated... And different. I am just wondering if you have a special technique you will emp!oy? Good luck, I look forward to watching all of same strains to be grown differently.

Good Job so far! I am curious, what is the upside down up Tiered thing you have going on? I see some people use it as a non transplant method, but yours is elevated... And different. I am just wondering if you have a special technique you will emp!oy? Good luck, I look forward to watching all of same strains to be grown differently.
Serves a few purposes here

In the first week or so I only have to water the cup. So I save there.

Also had issues with gnats recently. So I used the cups to elevate my seedlings in case I had to sand my tops.

Also. I like to think they use more of the pot space for roots when they start above the pot. But that's just theory not facts.
Mostly just in case of gnats

Thanks @mephisto just dropped 2 [HASHTAG]#mango[/HASHTAG] smile :headbang:

e43756a4f8116847d5b121f1edae17ab.jpg

We have lift off [HASHTAG]#mango[/HASHTAG] smile
01546e276ff3733a0f081aaa6c648a1c.jpg
c1a2af4353f594040c22f8a3f84e0323.jpg

Ive got 3 of the 4 strains in the soil now, today.

Seems like the Pink Panama has some hard shells, she is swollen but hasn't cracked while the other three completely shed ther shells before I planted them.

I went ahead and helped her crack the shell by gently applying pressure. Let's see if that allows some more moisture in and get her started... I'm guessing she will need to be scuffed before germinating next time.

Enjoy. :pass:

Seems like the Pink Panama has some hard shells, she is swollen but hasn't cracked while the other three completely shed ther shells before I planted them.

I went ahead and helped her crack the shell by gently applying pressure. Let's see if that allows some more moisture in and get her started... I'm guessing she will need to be scuffed before germinating next time.

Out of the 2 of each 4 strains i planted, only the pp had helmet head. One needed a shell and membrane removal, the other just membrane. Could be thick casings yea...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I had to deal helmet and remove membrane off of the super orange.
I thought it was most likely a goner. They all doing well though

Well all are still alive working with a new light went a little too low little stress but not bad raised it back up and they’re already showing better from it. I forget the days but they’re 8-9 days and kinda small but they’ll take off. Shoulda started in cups and transplanted but this works too just a bit slower in the front end. The rain science pots help out with drying out quickly.

Attachments

• ABA08FD9-D815-4FEC-9D5A-5032314CAF17.jpeg
    ABA08FD9-D815-4FEC-9D5A-5032314CAF17.jpeg
    290.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 78137E44-3973-46A4-A20F-CD3CD314A6CD.jpeg
    78137E44-3973-46A4-A20F-CD3CD314A6CD.jpeg
    296.5 KB · Views: 75
  • D001C49F-4DB3-45D7-93AB-F9F952BE84F1.jpeg
    D001C49F-4DB3-45D7-93AB-F9F952BE84F1.jpeg
    286.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 2BF13557-C7D4-4E2D-8F56-D62EB69EF10A.jpeg
    2BF13557-C7D4-4E2D-8F56-D62EB69EF10A.jpeg