Indoor 2 x AK & 2 x Fugue State. Maybe some SODK if I buy another tent. First time grower in a legal state!

Reaction score
So, I will apologize in advance as I am OCD and this is my first ever grow after 17 years of loving the flower, so this will be an EXTREMELY detailed post. I will be looking back on it during each future grow to hone my skills and create top shelf Cannabis consistently.

First the tent, 300w LED, carbon filter and out fan (purchased from Amazon as a bundle and delivered the following day)

Amazon product

I set it up in an unused bathroom. I had one other person helping. It took under 10 minutes to get it together. It seems to be of very high quality and will be perfect for 4 autoflowers. I will use the 300w light for the first few weeks. then I will turn off the 300w light and use the 1,000w light for a few weeks. Then when she is looking "buff enough" I will use both lights.

These LEDs have the 15w 3 chip, which is supposed to be as good as it gets for Cannabis. Brand is iPlantop. they both have dual cooling fans and barely emanate any heat.

The additional 1000w LED grow light:

Amazon product

Growing Medium:

Fox Farms Ocean Forest
Fox Farms Happy Frog
High Grade Perlite

All purchased from Amazon. I will mix the FFOF and FFHF together with about 25% - 30% perlite.

The Seeds:

Auto AK x 3 from Grower's Choice. 1 didn't pop.

Fugue State x 2 from Mephisto Genetics. Paid for one, they sent me two FS and 2 x Sour Orange Diesel Kush. May get another tent setup. They also sent me a bunch of cool stickers I used to flair up my pots. Whoever is working their sales & marketing department is a genius! I will be buying my seeds here for quite some time. I follow their sub reddit: Meph Heads

I have a humidifier and small desktop fan coming on Monday. My humidity is low right now, but luckily I setup in a bathroom. I just run a hot shower and it gives the ladies what they need.

Right now I am on day 7 (day 1 being the day I put the seeds between wet paper towels)
I will continue to post updates every 2-3 days and if anyone has any suggestions, speak up!

Attachments

• Day 1  9-1-2018.jpg
    Day 1 9-1-2018.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 174
  • Day 3   9-3-2018.jpg
    Day 3 9-3-2018.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Day 5   9-5-2018.jpg
    Day 5 9-5-2018.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 149
  • Day 7   9-7-2018 AUTO AK (1).jpg
    Day 7 9-7-2018 AUTO AK (1).jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 156
  • Day 7   9-7-2018 AUTO AK (2).jpg
    Day 7 9-7-2018 AUTO AK (2).jpg
    164 KB · Views: 176
  • Growing Medium.jpg
    Growing Medium.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 154
  • Nutrients.jpg
    Nutrients.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 146
  • Out fan.jpg
    Out fan.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 160
  • Temp & Humidity Meter.jpg
    Temp & Humidity Meter.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Water Quality & pH Meters.jpg
    Water Quality & pH Meters.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 146
Welcome to afn! Good luck with your first grow. There will be plenty of help here.

One piece of advice, research the light. The 1000w equivalent light is a stretch. It may be a good light, but watch the plants to see if they need more than what's its offering.

Welcome to afn! Good luck with your first grow. There will be plenty of help here.

One piece of advice, research the light. The 1000w equivalent light is a stretch. It may be a good light, but watch the plants to see if they need more than what's its offering.

It will be a 1,000w and a 300w. If it's not enough I'll buy another 1,000w and Amazon will deliver it to me the next day!

Thanks for the tip!

:gary:

@RidaRidaRida let the learning begin. Before I turn into the bad nanny I want you to know that I have grown several successful grows with inexpensive chinese LEDs. A lot of us started there because there is no truth in advertising about LED fixtures. Boy do they stretch the truth in fact truth has nothing to do with the misleading lies. Watts at the wall do have some meaning but it does not tell you about the spectrum of your light or the efficiency of the light to make photons in the PAR range. Your lights may be as little as 200 watts at the wall. Multiplying the watts of an LED X how many of them they put in the light has nothing to do with how much light in the PAR range they will produce.

Lesson one, If your light fixtures do not put out any heat it is because they have no power! LEDs are misunderstood - they are not cooler watt for watt with any other type of light. If you put a 600w Metal Halide or 600w High Pressure Sodium or true 600w LEDs in an enclosed space after enough time the temperature will be the same in all 3 spaces because all of the energy is eventually dissipated as heat. LEDs are more efficient than other lights. They make more photons in the PAR range per watt than the others. Eventually all of the photons of light will be absorbed by any contact material as heat and that is why the rooms will all be the same temperature. With LEDs you can use fewer watts to get the same PPFD as other lights. So a 450w LED = 600w HPS. Now this is where all of the confusion comes in; you can run a light with fewer watts of energy, get the same amount of PAR light and now your tent is cooler but not because LEDs are cooler. You put less watts of energy in that space.

So do not plan on getting more of those types of lights. You have enough for a small grow and can move on as you learn. Here is some late night reading:

https://chilledgrowlights.com/education/understanding-led-grow-light-specs

http://pllight.com/demystifying-light-levels-cannabis-grows/

Don't be intimidated by the science; it takes a while to wrap your head around all of this information.

I grew this plant with less light than you have:

moby1.jpg

@RidaRidaRida let the learning begin. Before I turn into the bad nanny I want you to know that I have grown several successful grows with inexpensive chinese LEDs. A lot of us started there because there is no truth in advertising about LED fixtures. Boy do they stretch the truth in fact truth has nothing to do with the misleading lies. Watts at the wall do have some meaning but it does not tell you about the spectrum of your light or the efficiency of the light to make photons in the PAR range. Your lights may be as little as 200 watts at the wall. Multiplying the watts of an LED X how many of them they put in the light has nothing to do with how much light in the PAR range they will produce.

Lesson one, If your light fixtures do not put out any heat it is because they have no power! LEDs are misunderstood - they are not cooler watt for watt with any other type of light. If you put a 600w Metal Halide or 600w High Pressure Sodium or true 600w LEDs in an enclosed space after enough time the temperature will be the same in all 3 spaces because all of the energy is eventually dissipated as heat. LEDs are more efficient than other lights. They make more photons in the PAR range per watt than the others. Eventually all of the photons of light will be absorbed by any contact material as heat and that is why the rooms will all be the same temperature. With LEDs you can use fewer watts to get the same PPFD as other lights. So a 450w LED = 600w HPS. Now this is where all of the confusion comes in; you can run a light with fewer watts of energy, get the same amount of PAR light and now your tent is cooler but not because LEDs are cooler. You put less watts of energy in that space.

So do not plan on getting more of those types of lights. You have enough for a small grow and can move on as you learn. Here is some late night reading:

https://chilledgrowlights.com/education/understanding-led-grow-light-specs

http://pllight.com/demystifying-light-levels-cannabis-grows/

Don't be intimidated by the science; it takes a while to wrap your head around all of this information.

I grew this plant with less light than you have:

View attachment 949192

@Mañ'O'Green Thank you man! I will study the links tonight. I feel like my two lights will be good enough as I've seen grow reports of other folks using 1 of the 300w iPlantop lights to successfully grow 1 autoflower. That flower is absolutely gorgeous man!

@Mañ'O'Green Thank you man! I will study the links tonight. I feel like my two lights will be good enough as I've seen grow reports of other folks using 1 of the 300w iPlantop lights to successfully grow 1 autoflower. That flower is absolutely gorgeous man!
Yes this is an excellent place to start.

Back