2 X 2 Grow Tent Input & suggestion's.

OldSchool718

Pot Head
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
This thread is open to anyone setting up or using a 2 X 2
I am Getting ready to set up my Mars Hydro 2 X 2 X 55 / TS600 ,
gonna be sitting wright next to my couch in my so called Man cave ( extra bedroom ) :smoking:
in the corner next to the window about 6 inches off each wall. I bent up 2 straps duct work hangers, they will support a 4 inch IPower exhaust fan
resting on top with the filter inside ,also have a 6 in adjustable 2 speed fan and a 3200 rpm muffin blowing down on top of the light figure its gonna be on 18 hr's a day !
also marked off in black every 6 inches below and above the light.

The marks will work with the 2 gallon 12 inch tall diy sip bucket or
the 5 gallon 18 inch tall diy sip buckets.. Just mearure 6 inches off
the top of the bucket along side the back poles to give you a ruff idea of where your light should be !
:pass:

IMG_20211001_134938.jpg

IMG_20211001_135358.jpg
IMG_20211001_100703.jpg
IMG_20211001_094602.jpg

with that being said I have a seed germinating in paper towel pass 6 hr's , it sank instantly when i dropped it in the water ,
I let it soak 12 hrs before placing it in the paper towel earlier today. so the clock is ticking next 48 hrs .
IMG_20211001_102948.jpg

not sure about the 5 gallon but the 2 gallon diy sip buckets RES holds 36 oz of water.
should I go with one 2 gallon or one 5 gallon or two 2 gallon really don't want to crowd the tent.
thinking the 5 gallon just might be to tall starting off at 18 inches in a the 55 inch tall tent, I will be attempting LST.
Thanks for looking, :pass:
all input and suggestions are welcome, feel free to share your 2X2 tent picture's and recommendation's

I have the same tent and light. I like the 6" - I went with 4 and regret it.

I HST my plants so hard (can't resist it) and my light has never made it above halfway. You should be ok with crowding it with 3 gallon pots Just let the plants get some height before training so they don't get too wide and can use more of the vertical height.

Personally, I've been considering putting the tent on its side and keeping up with 16 cola manifolding.

I have only flowered one plant in that tent, but it came out really well.

My son tells me what to buy, and this is the best I could do on my second tent on a budget. He said this light doesn't have UV, which I've seen helps with resin production in my other tent which is a homemade closet. But I still do really well with it, so good luck and keep us posted,

I'd go with the shortest pot. I currently have 2 plants going in my 2x2. Last grow I used 5 gallon fabric pots. I had to supercrop almost every top to keep them out of my light. This grow I am using 3 gallon fabric pots and love them so far. My 2x2 grow if ya wanna check it out

I have the same tent and light. I like the 6" - I went with 4 and regret it.

I HST my plants so hard (can't resist it) and my light has never made it above halfway. You should be ok with crowding it with 3 gallon pots Just let the plants get some height before training so they don't get too wide and can use more of the vertical height.

Personally, I've been considering putting the tent on its side and keeping up with 16 cola manifolding.

I have only flowered one plant in that tent, but it came out really well.

My son tells me what to buy, and this is the best I could do on my second tent on a budget. He said this light doesn't have UV, which I've seen helps with resin production in my other tent which is a homemade closet. But I still do really well with it, so good luck and keep us posted,
Thanks for the input appreciate it,
gonna go with one 2 gallon for now since its my first attempt in a tent and give her full attention. I have the option keep the tent open check picture above she next to the window full direct sunlight in the winter, that picture the tent light is OFF , that's the sun lighting up the tent, gonna try and use that to my advantage.

I'd go with the shortest pot. I currently have 2 plants going in my 2x2. Last grow I used 5 gallon fabric pots. I had to supercrop almost every top to keep them out of my light. This grow I am using 3 gallon fabric pots and love them so far. My 2x2 grow if ya wanna check it out
your 2 x 2 grow looks amazing ,
looks like you got it under control cant wait to see what you finish up with !

Looking good so far, only thought is to pass on my experience..2x4 tent with 2 ts600's did ok but was really surprised how 2 ts1000 did in same tent....thicker harder nuggets and very little airy fairy larf.

You could do multiple small buckets or one large under a Scrog net… would seriously max your yield in that space and take advantage of all available area… not sure if you could do that with autos. One photoperiod though…

If you have any concerns for smell at all, I highly recommend taping all the unused ports and vents SHUT. Aluminum foil duct tape works great on the inside as it's reflective. I have a mars 2.3x2.3 and I've been very happy with the tent overall except for the scent leakage. After some taping it's been near perfect. Just a suggestion. If you don't have to worry about it even better.

Once it gets dark, turn off all the lights in the room and turn on your grow lamp. You should be able to see how much light escapes from the ports/vents/stiching. Gives an idea of how much air can pass as well. I am planning to stick kitchen compost bin carbon filter discs into the round ports that I am not using on top of taping them shut. Should hopefully help as I need to stay undetected.

I have a new 4x4 Mars tent I'm working on assembling and collecting parts for. I should make a thread soon with all the tent prep I like to do now that I know better.

If you have any concerns for smell at all, I highly recommend taping all the unused ports and vents SHUT. Aluminum foil duct tape works great on the inside as it's reflective. I have a mars 2.3x2.3 and I've been very happy with the tent overall except for the scent leakage. After some taping it's been near perfect. Just a suggestion. If you don't have to worry about it even better.

Once it gets dark, turn off all the lights in the room and turn on your grow lamp. You should be able to see how much light escapes from the ports/vents/stiching. Gives an idea of how much air can pass as well. I am planning to stick kitchen compost bin carbon filter discs into the round ports that I am not using on top of taping them shut. Should hopefully help as I need to stay undetected.

I have a new 4x4 Mars tent I'm working on assembling and collecting parts for. I should make a thread soon with all the tent prep I like to do now that I know better.
Not concerned with the smell just yet, waiting for the wife's reaction once it surfaces, Hoping its not an issue,I have fan & filter on the way just in case might use the window to vent if it becomes an issue, Thanks for the input gonna have the duct tape on stand by , good idea with the filter disks in the ports, gonna test the tent tonight to see how much light is actually escaping !
:pass:

Back