Indoor 2 Liter Soda/Pop Bottle Fun Grow 2018

Photo update: My two Sweet Seeds Cream Caramels have sprouted and got planted in their Soda Bottles today. Here they are at day 4 and 2 respectively:

23.2L Bottle plant a.JPG

These two bottles will be a side-by-side test of AFN's newest vendor, Harvest Gold Silica. (@HarvestGoldSilica) Both bottles have a baseline soil mix of Roots Organics Original with amendments of worm casings, some azomite and some dolomite. The Canada Dry bottle got 8 cups of this mix, but no Harvest Gold Silica. The Schweppes bottle got seven cups of mix and 1 cup of Harvest Gold Silica.

23.2L Bottle plant l.JPG
23.2L Bottle plant i.JPG

Both bottles are now resting quietly under a shared Cob light from the CobShop.

23.2L Bottle plant o.JPG

I may decorate the bottles later, but nothing fancy. If anyone wants to follow along the test in more detail, here is my journal for it: https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...cream-caramel-in-a-2-liter-soda-bottle.65789/
My previous photo updates for this 2-Liter Soda Bottle Fun Grow are on pages: 91, 81, 73. :cheers:

as far as i got.
View attachment 911152
more than likely fluffed something up,let me know what needs doin to fix @bushmasterar15
:pighug:

Ready for the off then pal best of luck should be fun :pass:

Think there was supposed to be a 6/1 on the note somewhere but sure Bushy will let ya off, not like you not cutting it fine enough already like so cant really say you tried to drop anything early :crying:.

Last edited:
the only thing with clear soda bottles is that the roots dont like the light. i like to go down to mcdonalds or wherever and get the biggest styrofoam cup i can find for germinating bc they are easily cut away when its time to transplant but to each his own. What soil mix have you had the best results with?

Sweet , but havnt you got air in the Dwc part of the Wilma ,, I ain't a clue about anything other than Mud
Only the space above the water level, it doesn't get pumped anywhere.

Are you running all hydro for the 2l?
Yes mate, four of them LOL.
Damnit all this hydro work is going to make me drop another bean! I may have to do a hydro 2l alongside my coco and my flo 2l :crying::crying:you guys are bad influences
Oopsie :crying:never mind mate, give it a try - it'll all be bud at the end of the day!

What's a flo , or as in ebb and flow :pop:
Ebb and flow is a bit like filling the bath then pulling the plug out, but draining the water into a reservoir to refill the bath later.
im a tea drinker i dont do pop,but ive had stupidier ideas :pass:
View attachment 910910 View attachment 910911
Yes Archie! Great to see you join us! If you can get some cheap black duct tape you can just wrap it round the bottle to block the light out.

the only thing with clear soda bottles is that the roots dont like the light. i like to go down to mcdonalds or wherever and get the biggest styrofoam cup i can find for germinating bc they are easily cut away when its time to transplant but to each his own. What soil mix have you had the best results with?
I lined my bottle with newspaper, should block most light.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Vapot Update 26/5 2ltr Fun Grow:smiley1:

Hello everyone......I hope you are all well and happy:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:
.....I know I said somewhere that im going to let her rest for a couple of days before I transplant her, buuuuut I got bored and decided to do it today lol:crying:..and these are tough plants..:tang:..so usual procedure, dig hole then dust with Reggae Roots(mychorrizal)....tip her over and tap, then straight in the hole....:jump:...but today, because she is so young, the medium beneath her had no root system and it crumbled as I tried to get it in...:fire:..no problem tho as most of it went where I wanted....:cool1:...so she is in Vapot's head now before 1/6/18 like I wanted!:vibe:....I gave her a feed of ph6 with calmag and the stinky stinky smelly Root66:gassy1: @bushmasterar15 dude is this all fine and dandy for my first update? or do you need pic with plant in pot with the writing?....thanks dude and everyone else:thanks:and:goodluck:View attachment 911123
All good Vapo

as far as i got.
View attachment 911152
more than likely fluffed something up,let me know what needs doin to fix @bushmasterar15
Just the code Bottle 6/1 but were all good I know your in

Final week to get your germ started before the June 1st deadline. So far everyone that's posted I've put a ✔ next to your name. If you look at the first post and there isn't one just let me know as I might have missed seeing the pic. Think we have 22 members I'm still waiting to see check in's with germs this week.

Back