New Grower 1st Grow: Mephisto Sour Crack/Skywalker COB DWC

I have beans in Jiffy pots for my next grow, it'll be 2 Samsquanch OG in one tent, 2 SODK in the other.

I decided to upsize/upgrade a little - and bought 12 gallon totes instead of 5g buckets in hopes of keeping PH and temps more stable and not having to top off daily or more often like I had to in full flower with this grow.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-12-Gal-Flat-Lid-Tough-Tote-206100/207207157

I upgraded my pumps from the 7.5LPM Active Aqua Pumps to the 15LPM, and will have 4 stones in each tote.

Amazon product

I've also been soaking my hydroton in 5.8pH water with with a light dose of hydroguard.

Also decided to switch from FloraNova Bloom with the lucas formula to the dry maxibloom as my primary base.

I plan to avoid repeating at least a few of the mistakes I made this time around and hopefully achieve better quality and/or yield. I'm definitely open to any suggestions or wisdom you all would like to share.

Last edited:
thats how i do it in the bags i leave a bit more space in the bag not rolled down so much i don know if it makes a difference :pass:

Hey Stoney, do you trim as much as you can get to while wet, or just get the fans that are sticking completely out before brown bagging it?

Hey Stoney, do you trim as much as you can get to while wet, or just get the fans that are sticking completely out before brown bagging it?
When doing it in paper bag I trim right down to the bud I dont tent to leave any leaf or very small amount if its super frosty

Sent from my HUAWEI CUN-L01 using Tapatalk

And remember dont overfill the bag and have some airflow around them.a.small.fan or somthing helps alot

Sent from my HUAWEI CUN-L01 using Tapatalk

I just realized that I never did update this completely. Total dry and curing weight wound up being 389g for all 4 plants. The skywalker is super dusty, but still a tad green. Might make some extract from some of this. The sour crack is furry and so aromatic. I like just smoking or vaping the dry herb. I'll definitely be growing more of each, and will get y'all some pics tonight!

Back