New Grower 1st Grow: Mephisto Sour Crack/Skywalker COB DWC

2MinutesHate

It's wake and bake, and I helped!
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Sour Crack/Skywalker
It's my first grow, I decided to try DWC in 2 2'x4' tents with 2 strains.

I have 2 Mephisto Skywalkers in one tent, and 2 Sour Crack in another. I think the Sour Crack probably aren't too far from harvest, and I'm pretty excited about that.

These plants have all been through varying degrees of hell, but have survived thus far despite my best attempts to snub them out.

I started out with a bunch of blurple panels that all started to fail in strips, one by one until 5 out of 6 failed. I found this forum, and the DIY COB section, specifically the @BigSm0 thread about converting Mars Hydro to COB, which were kinda similar to what I had.

They've been under the COBs a week to a week and a half, and seem to be loving it.

I had some issues with brown soft roots, I think because the blurple lights were heating things up too much, and I was way overfeeding by following the floranova bloom mfg schedule.

So, I got some COBs, hydroguard, and my temps have stayed down considerably.

The pictures in order of upload should be
1) Sour crack under blurple
2&3) Skywalkers under blurple
4-8) Sour crack under COB
9-11) Skywalkers under COB.

I am currently using

FNB at 6ml per gallon
Cal-mag@2ml per gal
Cannazym at suggested level
Hydroguard at suggested level

Each plant has 2 Citizen 1812 on 700ma drivers for 70w, or 140w per tent.

All of the burn you see on the leaves has been present for a bit, but hasn't gotten worse in a while.

How far would you all guess I am from harvest on these Sour Crack? The skywalkers are really shooting for the sky, and starting to get crystals, but the flowers are still really small. I've stunted those over and over, I'm honestly shocked that they're alive.

Attachments

• IMG_2121.JPG
    IMG_2121.JPG
    199.5 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_2120.JPG
    IMG_2120.JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_2121.JPG
    IMG_2121.JPG
    199.5 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_2120.JPG
    IMG_2120.JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_2119.JPG
    IMG_2119.JPG
    186.3 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_2219.JPG
    IMG_2219.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_2221.JPG
    IMG_2221.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_2224.JPG
    IMG_2224.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_2207.JPG
    IMG_2207.JPG
    215.9 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_2211.JPG
    IMG_2211.JPG
    225.6 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_2214.JPG
    IMG_2214.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_2213.JPG
    IMG_2213.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Looks like things are back on track man. Good choice on the lighting upgrade. Also running hydroguard or sm90 is essential in dwc for roor and res health.
Hard to tell for sure but i think you can go another 3 weeks for some of those girls

Looks like things are back on track man. Good choice on the lighting upgrade. Also running hydroguard or sm90 is essential in dwc for roor and res health.
Hard to tell for sure but i think you can go another 3 weeks for some of those girls

3 weeks is good! I'm not in a rush, I just want them to do whatever they can. The Skywalkers have really small buds, and I'm afraid I won't get much from them, but they're growing so much and the leaves are so green. Any chance that strain just takes longer to mature and I can leave them to flower a bit longer than the Sour Crack? The sour crack seem like they're definitely gonna be ready to go in a few weeks. I'm excited!

And I totally agree about the hydroguard/sm90 situation. My roots went from a brown, almost mushy mess to a beige, healthy looking root mass in like a week after I started adding HG to my buckets.

Glad these girls recovered for you dude and hopefully you'll get to flower them for as long as you want to. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
I would recommend making one change to the position of your air pump though, they tend to work more efficiently when they are elevated to the same height as your water level, sometimes a little higher. I picked up this advice from another thread on here as I'm currently planning on setting up my second tent with a couple of DWC buckets in it and had been following other DWC bucket threads to get some advice and insight.
Happy growing dude!

Priceless info there. Score +1 thanks homie
Glad these girls recovered for you dude and hopefully you'll get to flower them for as long as you want to. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
I would recommend making one change to the position of your air pump though, they tend to work more efficiently when they are elevated to the same height as your water level, sometimes a little higher. I picked up this advice from another thread on here as I'm currently planning on setting up my second tent with a couple of DWC buckets in it and had been following other DWC bucket threads to get some advice and insight.
Happy growing dude!

If the air pump fails and it’s lower then the water level it will drain all the water out of the pots. Sooo many instances where people were surprised to see dry thirsty plants and a wet floor.

Plants look great. The conversion didn’t take long either. Temps are lower, light is brighter and probably drawing much less at the wall. Perfect!

Just some advice on time too. I have seen so many people chop plants based on day and lose out on so much end product. You should never chop or consider chopping based on a date. Do it based on the plant. You grow it for 60-70 days and the last weeks are the most important. If it’s a week early those prior 60-70 days are really a waste. This is the main reason I don’t keep track of time.

Hope you don’t mind another follower. Exited to see how they turn out.

It's my first grow, I decided to try DWC in 2 2'x4' tents with 2 strains.

I have 2 Mephisto Skywalkers in one tent, and 2 Sour Crack in another. I think the Sour Crack probably aren't too far from harvest, and I'm pretty excited about that.

These plants have all been through varying degrees of hell, but have survived thus far despite my best attempts to snub them out.

I started out with a bunch of blurple panels that all started to fail in strips, one by one until 5 out of 6 failed. I found this forum, and the DIY COB section, specifically the @BigSm0 thread about converting Mars Hydro to COB, which were kinda similar to what I had.

They've been under the COBs a week to a week and a half, and seem to be loving it.

I had some issues with brown soft roots, I think because the blurple lights were heating things up too much, and I was way overfeeding by following the floranova bloom mfg schedule.

So, I got some COBs, hydroguard, and my temps have stayed down considerably.

The pictures in order of upload should be
1) Sour crack under blurple
2&3) Skywalkers under blurple
4-8) Sour crack under COB
9-11) Skywalkers under COB.

I am currently using

FNB at 6ml per gallon
Cal-mag@2ml per gal
Cannazym at suggested level
Hydroguard at suggested level

Each plant has 2 Citizen 1812 on 700ma drivers for 70w, or 140w per tent.

All of the burn you see on the leaves has been present for a bit, but hasn't gotten worse in a while.

How far would you all guess I am from harvest on these Sour Crack? The skywalkers are really shooting for the sky, and starting to get crystals, but the flowers are still really small. I've stunted those over and over, I'm honestly shocked that they're alive.
looking good in here mate nice first grow :pass::slap:

Back