New Grower 1st grow… Banner and Girl Scout Cookies

Reaction score
Hey all. Finally after a couple months of planning, a lemon LED/couple out of town weeks for work (pushing me back another month+), I put some seeds in the dirt.

I settled on (2) Viparspectra XS2000 for about 480 total watts (hoping that will be enough). Another poster talked me into it, and Ithink having some vestalitily with plant sizes/heights will serve me well.

61A61056-1B31-4273-9D46-403E9C9C2DDF.jpeg

I am using Biobizz Lite as my medium, and after hollowing out a nice starter spot with my Disney Coffee cup, went full with some good organic seed starting mix with all of the good stuff in it.

98E2E7B9-5818-4AD8-A324-69AC40001C0F.jpeg

39A95118-68C9-4F52-9D05-06E1B299E167.jpeg

got Fox Farms trio for nutrients, going to start straight by the feeding schedule on the “The Way of the Fox” thread and see what happens.

Getting a nice table and a area fan tomorrow. AC Infinity exhaust fan w/controller already in place.

Wish me luck. Thanks for all of the great info on here. There are a lot of people very very passionate about their bud. I’m sure there will b a lot of questions…

And oh yeah… received my medical card yesterday…:smoking:

Attachments

• BC0C8B47-967D-4619-8D3F-93F8FCBFF276.jpeg
    BC0C8B47-967D-4619-8D3F-93F8FCBFF276.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Hey all. Finally after a couple months of planning, a lemon LED/couple out of town weeks for work (pushing me back abother month+), I put some seeds in the dirt.

I settled on (2) Viparspectra XS2000 for about 480 total watts (hoping that will be enough). Another poster talked me into it, and Ithink having some vestalitily with plant sizes/heights will serve me well.

View attachment 1375911

I am using Biobizz Lite as my medium, and after hollowing out a nice starter spot with my Disney Coffee cup, went full with some good organic seed starting mix with all of the good stuff in it.

View attachment 1375914

View attachment 1375915

got Fox Farms trio for nutrients, going to start straight by the feeding schedule on the “The Way of the Fox” thread and see what happens. Getting a nice table and a area fan tomorrow. AC Infinity exhaust fan w/controller already in place.

Wish me luck. Thanks for all of the great info on here. There are a lot of people very very passionate about their bud. I’m sure there will b a lot of questions…

And oh yeah… received my medical card yesterday…:smoking:
Good Luck.......and a question/pointer........what kinda water you plan on using?

Good Luck.......and a question/pointer........what kinda water you plan on using?

I’m using my municipal tap water, vented for 24 hours. I have a number of 6 gallon beer buckets with spigots. I will be adjusting pH and nutrients in 5 gallon batches. We have decent water here in SWVa, it’s at around 100ppm.

Any pointers?

May they grow healthy and hardy!!!!!:yay:

.edit what are your temps / humidity?

I will report back tomorrow on temp and humidity after lights have been running all night. But I tested it a couple weeks ago and the empty closet was running low to mid 80’s, right where I think it should be. Hopefully it can stay up as we get into the cooler months.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Glad to see you up and running!

I couldn't find a label / ingredient list online for Biobizz Light - is it just peat / perlite? Does it include any amendments / nutrients?

I’m using my municipal tap water, vented for 24 hours. I have a number of 6 gallon beer buckets with spigots. I will be adjusting pH and nutrients in 5 gallon batches. We have decent water here in SWVa, it’s at around 100ppm.

Any pointers?
Sounds like it should do the trick.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Glad to see you up and running!

I couldn't find a label / ingredient list online for Biobizz Light - is it just peat / perlite? Does it include any amendments / nutrients?

Very little in the way of nutes. .4-0-0. The bag only lists peat moss and perlite as the soil amendments, so I plan to start feeding in a couple of weeks.

May they grow healthy and hardy!!!!!:yay:

.edit what are your temps / humidity?

This morning, temp was 74F and humidity at 63% at soil level (based on the AC Infinity fan probe), and with the lights at 50%, approx 24-26” above the soil.
So based on my reading, that seems pretty good to me? As I transition to 100% and get closer to the plants, I am thinking/hoping temp will come up to 80-85 ish and humidity will go down a bit.

Very little in the way of nutes. .4-0-0. The bag only lists peat moss and perlite as the soil amendments, so I plan to start feeding in a couple of weeks.
Cool - thx. I'm looking into different soils for my next grow. Had some troubles with FFOF which is 0.30-0.45-0.05 with 1% Ca, but I think that was mainly pH and new-grower-related.

Way of the Fox is based on Black Gold which is 0.05-0-0. I don't think the extra N in biobizz will be an issue for you. If it is, it's pretty easy to identify high nitrogen based on the leaves turning a darker shade of green.

But, my main takeaway is - pay attention to your soil and feed pH :biggrin:

This morning, temp was 74F and humidity at 63% at soil level (based on the AC Infinity fan probe), and with the lights at 50%, approx 24-26” above the soil.
So based on my reading, that seems pretty good to me? As I transition to 100% and get closer to the plants, I am thinking/hoping temp will come up to 80-85 ish and humidity will go down a bit.
Awesome! This chart should help you dial it in: https://pulsegrow.com/blogs/learn/vpd-charts-in-fahrenheit-and-celsius-with-leaf-temperature

Back