420autoflower growing method

Hello guys! I just want to try get enormous yield like 420autoflower do

I cant find the amount of water he use in his drip system and how much litres per day he watering

7 Likes

I think he uses 17gal totes for a reservoir. And welcome to Autoflower Network!

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

I answered over on the other topic too.

There isnt a strict “this much volume” rule. 4-5 shots spaced out evenly over your lights on cycle. Each shot should run for 10 minutes.

3 Likes

So it depends on how much plant can absorb..if it will run with my pump 10mins it will be around 10 litres i guess

So i have to looks on moisture of coco and then optimize it

2 Likes

The 10 minutes is what I use for rockwool but you cant overwater rockwool so the time isnt as important. I think 10 minute shots in coco might be too much.

Ive never used coco so I cant speak on it. I know coco holds moisture longer. Which means you are right about having to adjust to the plant and coco dryback.

420autoflower grew in coco and rockwool so I know its possible, I just dont have the experience to offer accurate help.

3 Likes

Thank you so much ! I appreciate it

I cant find rockwool blocks in czechia so i have to go with coco :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

No worries. From all my research rockwool is the better option if you could manage to get it somehow. But its a fact that it can be done in coco.

If you have any questions feel free to @ me and if youre up to it, jump over to the journals section and keep us updated on the grow.

3 Likes

sure i will!

Last thing is how big blocks you use ?

1 Like

Start the seeds in the tiny cubes. Like 1.5" maybe.

Then once the seedling is stable but before roots are fully out the bottom put that starter into a 4" block.

Keep an eye on the bottom of the 4" block, once you see the roots emerge stack it on a 6" block.

Its believed that the height of the stack affects the veg time. 420autoflower would cut a 6" in half horizontally giving him a 6x9" with the 4" on top.

4 Likes

Thanks if i find them somewhere i will do it like this!

1 Like

Did you ever had problem with big temperature of water in reservoir?

I want isolate the box little bcs i am worried about that

1 Like

My temps didnt get over 72°F in my setup but I didnt have to do anything special. Id imagine if your environment pushed the temps into mid 70s then it could be a problem.

2 Likes

Hello buddy ! Just want to let you know i got some grodan cubes but just the big ones so i will stack two 6 Inch

But the guy scared me he say the roots will come out on the side of grodan and not from the bottom :sweat_smile:

Awesome that you got some cubes. You will be fine with the 1 size. Do the cubes have a wrap around them? Like a plastic sleeve. Roots like to follow gravity and water. Meaning the majority of roots will grow down but some will come out the sides when exploring. Two things can happen, the roots will air prune themselves or they will hit the plastic and grow down. Both are fine and wont affect the grow.

1 Like

Yes they have the plastic wrapSo its okay… thanks

isnt better use two blocks instead one? For bigger root zone?

Yeah I would stack them.

1 Like

If I’m using RDWC buckets, does the same theory apply where because I don’t have more rockwool underneath my delta block, and roots are just suspended in air and water, it will lessen my veg time and opportunity for growth? I’m an old grower but I haven’t grown in bout 15 years, and I now have a 5x5 and two 8x4 tents that I’m ramping up. Bout to use the 420AUTOFLOWER method for everything. I’m gonna do an introduce myself here tomorrow but I’m curious because I just put 4 germed beans in my pots, and it’s 4” delta blocks sitting in the middle of hydroton in a netpot. In RDWC buckets with a top feed irrigation ring….

1 Like

Welcome to AFN and glad to hear youre back to growing.

The stack allows the roots to keep exploring and once they run out of space to explore, like getting to the bottom of the stack, they send out a hormone signal that tells the plant to flip.

In the rdwc buckets your roots wont air prune or run out of space to grow so you’ll get the full genetic clock of veg.

2 Likes

Thanks for that!

1 Like