WWWillie grows with an HLG 650R from Horticulture Lighting Group

I'm thinking of buying a black bird by hlg, their new 4x4 low profile fixture. But torn to do another DIY project and build my own custom scorpion with Rspec. I did consider buying one but they are to wide for my space and I don't think it will fit through my loft hatch.
Sounds like a good plan. Funny, I flashed on the old “blurple” LEDs we started with and where we are now. Amazing when you think on it a bit. It wasn’t that long ago, maybe 6-8 years.

Sounds like a good plan. Funny, I flashed on the old “blurple” LEDs we started with and where we are now. Amazing when you think on it a bit. It wasn’t that long ago, maybe 6-8 years.

It was all just starting to kick off as I joined afn in 2016 and was all about the cobs back then. It has moved so far now that age old HID argument has vanished... nearly.

I love the fact that the advancement made by the cannibis community in LED grow lighting is what is helping NASA to grow on Mars. You just can't make it up, the magic plant will get us growing on another planet.

Mrs. WWW and I have not been at our best health wise these last few months. I am pleased to report that things are beginning to look up and we are getting back to our lives. Slowly but we are getting back to the things we enjoy and for me that means my gardens!!
Speaking of gardens, my last grow was just awful. Due to the problem mentioned above I was not able to take care of it. Fortunately I have a good set-up. The light from @Les @HLG I think were responsible for the decent enough product, that, along with the automation for environment made it so I got at least something. Nothing I would want to show anyone, much less attempt to show this great light and what it's capable of!!

Glad to hear things are looking up for you. I've been having issues myself, I understand completely! When you do get growing again, just tag me!

Mrs. WWW and I have not been at our best health wise these last few months. I am pleased to report that things are beginning to look up and we are getting back to our lives. Slowly but we are getting back to the things we enjoy and for me that means my gardens!!
Speaking of gardens, my last grow was just awful. Due to the problem mentioned above I was not able to take care of it. Fortunately I have a good set-up. The light from @Les @HLG I think were responsible for the decent enough product, that, along with the automation for environment made it so I got at least something. Nothing I would want to show anyone, much less attempt to show this great light and what it's capable of!!

Glad to hear yous are on the up wwwillie

Last edited:
Good Morning Growers!
We are back! Stay tuned for some clone action as we ramp up the garden for a fresh grow. This time we have some Creeper from @SuperSativaSeedClub_John clones. I mixed up stuff last auto grow and started these photoperiod plants so I saved them for this run by making clones of the female.
A902B7F8-BAFC-412A-BBB0-175D25A4F6B9.jpeg

Hey my friend! I've been absent most of December with back issues. I had a procedure called IDET ( Intra Diskal Electro Therapy ). They inject a wire into the disk, heat the wire and it shrinks the disk. First time in 35 years I've been totally free of Sciatic pain!

Nice to see you off to a good start!

Hey my friend! I've been absent most of December with back issues. I had a procedure called IDET ( Intra Diskal Electro Therapy ). They inject a wire into the disk, heat the wire and it shrinks the disk. First time in 35 years I've been totally free of Sciatic pain!

Nice to see you off to a good start!
Wow, amazing, great news for you!!
Yes it's starting off pretty good.

Back