AFN Vibe Guardian
Staff member
AFN Admin
AFN Global Moderator
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
anything I can get my hands on!
Hey Now,
Hold on to your hats! I just received and installed an HLG 650R. Very excited to get to grow with this light.
Here’s my unboxing video.

Pulling a chair up for this show

tenor (25).gif

Hey Now,
Hold on to your hats! I just received and installed an HLG 650R. Very excited to get to grow with this light.
Here’s my unboxing video.

I'm a little jealous @wwwillie I'm a bit of HLG fan boy, been using their boards for few years now in my DIY projects.
Im just coming to the end of my first grow with two of the Rspec boards. They replaced two original V1 boards by hlg.
I now want to do the whole room with them. Plants love them, most preying I've ever had. Bud size noticeably fatter and far better penatration through the canopy. They really are "the dogs bollocks" of lights.

I'm a little jealous @wwwillie I'm a bit of HLG fan boy, been using their boards for few years now in my DIY projects.
Im just coming to the end of my first grow with two of the Rspec boards. They replaced two original V1 boards by hlg.
I now want to do the whole room with them. Plants love them, most preying I've ever had. Bud size noticeably fatter and far better penatration through the canopy. They really are "the dogs bollocks" of lights.
They definitely are! Gotta admit I'm a bit of an HLG fanboy myself as well. Love my 650r, I'll never go back! Looking into getting an HLG for my 3x2 and then one for a 3x3 or 4x2 I'm gonna pickup here soon.

@wwwillie looking good! You're gonna love that light. Got mine with the UVA attachment and it's the bees knees.

They definitely are! Gotta admit I'm a bit of an HLG fanboy myself as well. Love my 650r, I'll never go back! Looking into getting an HLG for my 3x2 and then one for a 3x3 or 4x2 I'm gonna pickup here soon.

@wwwillie looking good! You're gonna love that light. Got mine with the UVA attachment and it's the bees knees.

Looks like a party!!! I have two QB r-spec and two clones. I must say I looked at my room from the door thinking about how much I could get for the lights I have and how much I would need to save to replace them all with 650Rs, I only need three more!!

far better penatration through the canopy.
Indeed. I think that's one of the major benefits of this style of light. This and the bar type like the Cutiuana or the YouLumi I have run have a broad 'foot print' for lack of a better term as opposed to a point source like HID. Think of cloudy day shadows VS cloudless day, very diffuse VS very sharply defined. The diffuse light surrounds point source cuts off sharply.
Well, that's my theory anyway. . .

Hey Now,
Weekend is here and the garden is doing well. The new light is great! Here’s a quick picture from last night. I’ll be doing more but wanted to get a quick picture posted. It’s quit a ways up due to the tall clone in the rear. I need to figure it out soon the others are growing and I want that light on them.
9D22A188-B052-4877-B6A9-1B00762026EC.jpeg

Looks like a party!!! I have two QB r-spec and two clones. I must say I looked at my room from the door thinking about how much I could get for the lights I have and how much I would need to save to replace them all with 650Rs, I only need three more!!

I'm thinking of buying a black bird by hlg, their new 4x4 low profile fixture. But torn to do another DIY project and build my own custom scorpion with Rspec. I did consider buying one but they are to wide for my space and I don't think it will fit through my loft hatch.

Back