What Press to Buy

lose yield
So...press 14g, get 2g vs 1g/1.5g, or what would you guess?
get rosin with some plant material in it
What's this like...what's the impact? Does vaping or eating it matter less than if one was smoking it?

might as well make the best concentrate you can
Is it really a pretty big different with/without bags...I can grow decent flowers for basically free and with almost no inorganic/uncompostable waste currently...one of my reasons for wanting to convert to dabbing is to get away from replacing Volcano bags indefinitely due to the ongoing purchase of trash :oops1:

So...press 14g, get 2g vs 1g/1.5g, or what would you guess?

I don't even know I'm way too high for math right now. but I'd guess you'd lose 25-50% yield but honestly have no clue

What's this like...what's the impact? Does vaping or eating it matter less than if one was smoking it?

Harsher and rougher on vaping equipment very big difference in final product

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Can you press bubble hash without a rosin filter bag?

It's not feasible to press hash without a filter bag. The heavy flow of rosin and consistency of the hash require a rosin bag to press successfully.
Can you press flower rosin without a rosin filter bag?
It's best to press with a rosin filter bag, but you can press flower rosin without a rosin bag.
How do you press flower without a rosin filter bag?
Pre pressing the material into a compacted form is necessary preparation for pressing flower rosin without a rosin filter bag.
What is the problem with pressing rosin without a rosin filter bag?
There's higher chance for contamination in your rosin, and less control over pressure, when pressing flower rosin without a rosin filter bag.
Why is it better to press rosin with a rosin filter bag?
It's best to press rosin with a rosin filter bag in order to keep contamination from getting into your rosin, and also for better control of pressure on your source material during extraction.

I mean, have you looked into the dry herb vapes that don’t require bags? There are several on the market, both portable and desktop. It sounds like you won’t dig making rosin much, if you’re looking for ways around the process. That’s just my opinion of course, but if buying filter bags sounds like more of the same to you, then perhaps this is the wrong direction. You’ll also be constantly buying parchment paper…. :pass:

Also…. Other things you’ll be constantly buying….. qtips, alcohol, new coils for a portable dab rig (if you go that route), containers for dabs, dab tools, silicone work mats….

You get the idea. Plus, if you do press without bags, your dabs will be dirty enough to shorten the life of any rig you use, other than an old school banger….

have you looked into the dry herb vapes that don’t require bags?
I did before the Volcano, but nothing seems to compare much...also use/have used a Mighty, DynaVap, MFLB, XMAX V2 :kitty:
constantly buying parchment paper
Other things you’ll be constantly buying….. qtips, alcohol, new coils for a portable dab rig (if you go that route), containers for dabs, dab tools, silicone work mats….
Starting to remind me of building mod stuff for Nicotine vaporizers again with tinkering requirements...
if you do press without bags, your dabs will be dirty enough to shorten the life of any rig you use, other than an old school banger….
Did not realize, especially since you about had me sold on a Carta 2 for this... very helpful information thanks, and things I didn't think to ask, having never dabbed :toke:

Fwiw, looks like both Dabpress and Rositek refurbs/used on the site will also take their 15% discount in the cart... That'd bring a 4 ton RT or 6 ton DB down in the mid-high $200s shipped if you're okay with not "new" from them :smokeout:

Back