Bomb Seeds The Mugwamp Tests The New Bomb Seeds - Cosmic Bomb Auto -

@The Mugwamp I use about 40% perlite with my coco. Given that there is a healthy amount of perlite (or something else to aerate) I will water to runoff when I know the roots are at the bottom of the Solo Cup I start them in. I will top water using a syringe for about a week (always keeping the coco moist). Then I bottom dunk the cup after that so the roots search down for water. I prefer to start seedlings in a solo cup and I transplant when I know there are plenty of roots (almost root bound). I am now using the plant and not the day to estimate that. So, after the 3rd node I transplant and let her recover (if there is any recovery needed) so that I can top after the 4th node. After I transplant to the final pot I water the shit out of it to make sure the coco is fully saturated and I get plenty of runoff. From then on, I water to runoff and as the plant matures I will begin watering twice per day to runoff.

I hope this helps. I know it’s a hard one to trust watering like this but the properties of coco allow it over soil grows. You won’t overwater your plants if you have enough perlite in there.

@The Mugwamp I use about 40% perlite with my coco. Given that there is a healthy amount of perlite (or something else to aerate) I will water to runoff when I know the roots are at the bottom of the Solo Cup I start them in. I will top water using a syringe for about a week (always keeping the coco moist). Then I bottom dunk the cup after that so the roots search down for water. I prefer to start seedlings in a solo cup and I transplant when I know there are plenty of roots (almost root bound). I am now using the plant and not the day to estimate that. So, after the 3rd node I transplant and let her recover (if there is any recovery needed) so that I can top after the 4th node. After I transplant to the final pot I water the shit out of it to make sure the coco is fully saturated and I get plenty of runoff. From then on, I water to runoff and as the plant matures I will begin watering twice per day to runoff.

I hope this helps. I know it’s a hard one to trust watering like this but the properties of coco allow it over soil grows. You won’t overwater your plants if you have enough perlite in there.
No that's great mate thanks, very thorough and easy to follow, I can't go wrong. I'll let u know how I get on next grow, thanks again mate I'm very grateful :pass:

No that's great mate thanks, very thorough and easy to follow, I can't go wrong. I'll let u know how I get on next grow, thanks again mate I'm very grateful :pass:
No problem at all. I’m still finding my preferred method of growing but I do like coco and I believe there are some advantages to using it if you understand it’s properties. I began by stunting my first grow as I was afraid of overwatering. Now I water the crap out of my plants as soon as I can, it keeps the medium pH consistent, provides fresh oxygenated nutes multiple times per day, and eliminates nute buildup in the root zone. It can be labor intensive but I’m beginning to see the benefits of it now. If you ever have questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Day 49
Still looking healthy and starting to get quite frosty :thumbsup: definitely shorter than I was hoping, but what there is of her should be all bud, well hopefully anyway :bow:
Still no changes to feed or anything, but I'm gradually removing the bigger fan leaves, so onwards and upwards :toke:
20191015_122357.jpg
20191015_122219.jpg
20191015_122242.jpg
20191015_122303.jpg

How much stretch have you seen during flowering ?

How much stretch have you seen during flowering ?
To be honest, not a lot, but i think that is down to the way I grow, as the rest of my plants are pretty much the same, short and compact :pass:
20191013_195647.jpg

Day 52
Still no changes, but she's beginning to fatten up quite nicely :toke:
20191019_001506.jpg
20191019_001433.jpg
20191018_123744.jpg

Week 8, Day 56
Still no changes to feed or anything :shrug: it's just a case of feeding, turning, impatiently waiting and repeat :crying: I'm guessing she still has around another 3 weeks or so to go, and if the description is correct, the colas are gonna get much fatter in that time, well hopefully anyway :bow: it also said expect her to stretch quite a bit too, well there wasn't much stretch as you can see, but that could just be me, as the rest of the plants in this grow are all around the same height.
She's getting quite frosty :woohoo1: and her scent is getting very fruity, so I'm looking forward to sticking her in my pipe and smoking :rofl:
20191022_104300.jpg
20191022_103009.jpg
20191022_102854.jpg

Till the next episode, have fun and grow big :pass:

Damn man!! Looking great! If you’ve got 3 weeks left, I’m looking at another 6 weeks. I keep telling myself to be patient...

Damn man!! Looking great! If you’ve got 3 weeks left, I’m looking at another 6 weeks. I keep telling myself to be patient...
Thanks mate, that is a rough guesstimate the 3 weeks, I'm just assuming that she's gonna take around 75 days as her pistils are still all white and she's still filling out, so we'll see :pass:

Back