SIP GrowBucket Growers - Borrowing the AirDome from AutoPot

I am a fan of many ways of growing. Two of those ways are via AutoPots and SIP Buckets. Both are bottom water/feed techniques.

During my last grow, I decided to add the AirDome to my AutoPot setup. These domes are connected to an aquarium pump.

The idea is that the constant gentle pumping of air into the root zone makes for happier roots.

As I was setting up this next garden in my SIP Buckets, using GrowBucket Inserts, I got an idea. Why not borrow the AirDome philosophy and put it into the SIP Buckets?

I already had the equipment. So, I am giving it a try.

Look at the photo montage below to see how I put this idea into action.

By the way, I doubt I am the first person to think of this. Since I hadn't seen it anywhere else, I thought I would share it on the internet.
View attachment 1565748
I got 20 aup buckets...I need to try this..I've asked if it would work..have any luck with this? Or any advice?

I am a fan of many ways of growing. Two of those ways are via AutoPots and SIP Buckets. Both are bottom water/feed techniques.

During my last grow, I decided to add the AirDome to my AutoPot setup. These domes are connected to an aquarium pump.

The idea is that the constant gentle pumping of air into the root zone makes for happier roots.

As I was setting up this next garden in my SIP Buckets, using GrowBucket Inserts, I got an idea. Why not borrow the AirDome philosophy and put it into the SIP Buckets?

I already had the equipment. So, I am giving it a try.

Look at the photo montage below to see how I put this idea into action.

By the way, I doubt I am the first person to think of this. Since I hadn't seen it anywhere else, I thought I would share it on the internet.
View attachment 1565748
Where do I buy the dome piece?

I tried the same thing on my last grow, sans Airdomes.

I ran the tubing though a hole I drilled in the top of the Growbucket insert and taped the airstone to the bottom of the bucket. (The tape didn’t keep it stuck long, just kept it in place while I set up the bucket and soil.)

I ran a control on another GB with another plant without airstone. That plant grew well, but had very few roots in the reservoir zone. Different story with airstone. When I dumped the bucket without the airstone, it had a mild anaerobic smell (I didn’t keep up with the EM-1). The bucket with airstone didn’t have that smell.

The first photo is without airstone, 2,3, and 4 are the bucket with.

(Photoperiod plants. CBD Mazar had the airstone, CBG Force did not.)

Attachments

• 461A6E1A-28B1-4342-ABC8-30F55A01C767.jpeg
    461A6E1A-28B1-4342-ABC8-30F55A01C767.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
  • C08F4CE4-25F6-4793-8377-53F70D2A3B1F.jpeg
    C08F4CE4-25F6-4793-8377-53F70D2A3B1F.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 17
  • C4038C0F-5544-4718-B36F-E48000A17D08.jpeg
    C4038C0F-5544-4718-B36F-E48000A17D08.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 17
  • BB05DFF5-9C6D-4E6F-9EBE-880C70E51B79.jpeg
    BB05DFF5-9C6D-4E6F-9EBE-880C70E51B79.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 17
I tried the same thing on my last grow, sans Airdomes.

I ran the tubing though a hole I drilled in the top of the Growbucket insert and taped the airstone to the bottom of the bucket. (The tape didn’t keep it stuck long, just kept it in place while I set up the bucket and soil.)

I ran a control on another GB with another plant without airstone. That plant grew well, but had very few roots in the reservoir zone. Different story with airstone. When I dumped the bucket without the airstone, it had a mild anaerobic smell (I didn’t keep up with the EM-1). The bucket with airstone didn’t have that smell.

The first photo is without airstone, 2,3, and 4 are the bucket with.

(Photoperiod plants. CBD Mazar had the airstone, CBG Force did not.)

Excellent! I’m getting ready to start a new plant using a GB and an airstone. I too noticed that anaerobic odor. What is “EM-1”? Did you think the plant grew and produced better?

Excellent! I’m getting ready to start a new plant using a GB and an airstone. I too noticed that anaerobic odor. What is “EM-1”? Did you think the plant grew and produced better?
Do you use hydroguard? It helps keep the res clean.....

I'm running airstones on 2 5gal sip buckets for the Twenty20 g&s......

No, but it sounds like I should. Any concerns using Hydroguard with DynoMyco? I’ll keep an eye out for the Twenty20 g+s! Thx
I put hydroguard in every water....won't hurt anything...but the bad stuff

EM-1 is a commercially produced lactic acid bacillus serum. I usually add it to a SIP reservoir about every 3rd refill.

As far as comparison goes, I don’t know. First time I’ve grown that strain, in fact, first time I’ve grown photoperiod plants at all. The plant is still hanging in my tent drying, so I can’t give you any figures on yield. But, I’ve been using SIPs of various sizes for a year and a half and that’s the most aggressive root growth I’ve seen so far.

Back