JP1

Johnny Blazin
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
So just looking to get started. Would these things be basically all of the "stuff" I need?
:pass:

Last edited:
So just looking to get started. Would these things be basically all of the "stuff" I need?
Suggestions more then welcome :pass:

Good Luck @JP1 ...... :headbang: ... I Wonder if @arty zan is around............he's a good shroomer...........:pass:

Hey JP,

I like the guy at sporeworks myself. I highly recommend using a prepaid gift card, as I always do, but the nice thing with SW is you have to call in the order. Less paper trail and they can process the gift card number over the phone. Some websites don't accept them since they aren't linked to an actual name/address/email etc..

And of course they are for using with your new USB microscope only. Just like the souvenir seeds you've been collecting and not germinating at all, ever, right?

Normal 'cubes:

Specialty 'cubes:

I know there is a lot of argument about how to grow and inoculate but if you're looking for the "easy" method, you should check out what the kids are up to these days. I've read the information on the "Uncle Bens Tek" and had luck with it myself. Plenty of YouTube help with it as well.

PS you have PM.

Hey JP,

I like the guy at sporeworks myself. I highly recommend using a prepaid gift card, as I always do, but the nice thing with SW is you have to call in the order. Less paper trail and they can process the gift card number over the phone. Some websites don't accept them since they aren't linked to an actual name/address/email etc..

And of course they are for using with your new USB microscope only. Just like the souvenir seeds you've been collecting and not germinating at all, ever, right?

Normal 'cubes:

Specialty 'cubes:

I know there is a lot of argument about how to grow and inoculate but if you're looking for the "easy" method, you should check out what the kids are up to these days. I've read the information on the "Uncle Bens Tek" and had luck with it myself. Plenty of YouTube help with it as well.

PS you have PM.
Thanks. I'll check that site out. I've looked into the uncle bens way but some folks around here have said not to go that route. That kit I posted I think has everything but a spore syringe. It has a sterilized grain bag with injection ports instead of the bag of rice

Debating on a monotub setup like I posted above, or setting up a tent and growing in bags in it. I've already got an extraction fan, humidifier and humidity controller that I'm not using... So I'd only need a tent ($50), and the bags ($25 each) and spores... This is for personal experimentation so I don't really need volume but it would allow me to try more different varieties. These are the bags I'm looking at

Everything came in the mail surprisingly quick. Unmarked packages with non-descript address labels. Went with the shroomtek bags and liquid culture syringes of APE, GT, Stargazer and Tidal Wave (B+ x PE). Company that makes the bags says to wait 1-2 weeks before inoculating to make sure there's no contamination. I have no experience with this stuff but the syringes are full of stuff floating around and that's supposed to be good and they're full to 12cc. :thumbsup::woohoo1::peace:
PXL_20230817_220150722.jpg
PXL_20230817_220228004.jpg
PXL_20230817_220526843.jpg
PXL_20230817_220535026.jpg

Last edited:
Here we go. I don't have a sterile area in my house since the dogs and cat pretty much have free roam. But they don't go into the basement. We've got a busted chest freezer in the corner so I covered it in aluminum foil and turned the dehumidifiers off for a couple hours to let the air settle. Gonna try 1 bag of APE and 1 bag of stargazer and put half a syringe (6cc) in each. 70%iso in the mister
PXL_20230901_171929355.jpg

Into the dark they go. And now I just wait
PXL_20230901_173206702.jpg

Back