Little bit of this and that (some questions)

Reaction score
Hi!
Haven't grown in a couple of years and wanna try to get better at it. I've never gotten more than 20 - 30gram per plant.

Here's my setup and my questions further down.
Don't think I've missed anything..

*2x autocob
*1 hps (150w I think), mostly used to keep the right temperature
* 3 gallon pots times 5. 3xDutch passion auto orange bud, 2x Dutch passion auto Brooklyn sunrise.
* 45-55% rh
* 22-27 degrees Celsius
* plants around 80 cm from the auto cobs
* following tangs easy schedule but with sensymix and voodoo juice.
*no ec, ppm, tds tests done
* light 24/0 (won't change it)

ORANGE BUD:
* feed water until 2 days ago when I feed approximately 50ml/ water per plant with 0.6ml/l advanced nutrients sensi bloom A+B and voodoo juice.
* orange bud at day 10-14 (middle one and closest to the camera is 14, the other at day 10 from breaking soil)
* biobizz light mix. (more on that further down)
* ph water for half the time has been 6-7. The beginning of the grow it was around 8. I've only checked with test sticks but have ordered a digital one.

The plants (only orange buds) have been droopy and a bit yellow spots from the beginning kinda.
Regarding the soil of the orange bud..
I have reused the soil, because I had in total 4 plants that was so small that it wasn't even worth it to continue.
So I threw them away and added new soil to the top layer, for the new orange bud seeds.

The old soil beneath only has a small amount of nutrients in it. Wich im thinking should have been flushed by now.
So.. I'm wondering.
The leafs are curling up in the edges and I'm seeing some yellowing happening on the edges.
What could the cause of it be?
I might have overwatered perhaps?
But I don't think the "droopines" matches pictures I've seen of overwatering.

SUNRISE:
*new soil in both pots
*ph water (no nutes) 6-7
* at day 4 from breaking soil

They seem to be stretching or am I totally wrong?
Was thinking of replacing the hps lamp to a Mars hydro I have lying around instead. If the temperature allows it to work out.
It's a small mars hydro 48.
If I use it should I turn on both the Veg and bloom lights in that case, or only Veg?
Or should I just continue to use my cobs for all the plants?

Attachments

• 20211216_182042.jpg
    20211216_182042.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
  • 20211216_181946.jpg
    20211216_181946.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • 20211216_182330.jpg
    20211216_182330.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 39
  • 20211216_181853.jpg
    20211216_181853.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 34
  • 20211216_193950.jpg
    20211216_193950.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
They look pretty good to me. Soil looks rather dry, @Mañ'O'Green has a great tutorial on watering. You're going to want to be watering at 6.3-6.5ish ph for best results in soil. I know nothing about HPS lights but they don't look particularly leggy to me. I know I've heard mixed reviews on tangs feeding schedule, MOG has a great post regarding nutes as well.

MOG's watering notes:
What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and the roots and microbes will die there. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. There is an art to watering.

Yeah, the watering is probably my biggest issue.
So afraid to drown them!
But I think I'm starting to get it better.
Like I never understood why you should water the whole pot, if they are so small and probably don't have so long roots (?)
Then I read somewhere earlier that if you only water close to the base of the plant, the roots will kinda "stay satisfied" there. And won't go further out and in turn won't grow as big.

Another bonus is that it will help keep your humidity up through the early parts of the grow, when they need it most!

Was thinking.. Maybe I should try the sunrise on organic nutrients.
Any good and easy biobizz schedule you can tip on?

Was thinking.. Maybe I should try the sunrise on organic nutrients.
Any good and easy biobizz schedule you can tip on?
I really don't have any idea about biobizz, but I think @Mañ'O'Green has their feed schedule (might be one specifically for autos but I honestly don't remember) saved somewhere.

@Darthweeder:welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome: I love your handle.

Hi!
Haven't grown in a couple of years and wanna try to get better at it. I've never gotten more than 20 - 30gram per plant.

Here's my setup and my questions further down.
Don't think I've missed anything..

*2x autocob
*1 hps (150w I think), mostly used to keep the right temperature
* 3 gallon pots times 5. 3xDutch passion auto orange bud, 2x Dutch passion auto Brooklyn sunrise.
* 45-55% rh
* 22-27 degrees Celsius
* plants around 80 cm from the auto cobs
* following tangs easy schedule but with sensymix and voodoo juice.
*no ec, ppm, tds tests done
* light 24/0 (won't change it)

ORANGE BUD:
* feed water until 2 days ago when I feed approximately 50ml/ water per plant with 0.6ml/l advanced nutrients sensi bloom A+B and voodoo juice.
* orange bud at day 10-14 (middle one and closest to the camera is 14, the other at day 10 from breaking soil)
* biobizz light mix. (more on that further down)
* ph water for half the time has been 6-7. The beginning of the grow it was around 8. I've only checked with test sticks but have ordered a digital one.

The plants (only orange buds) have been droopy and a bit yellow spots from the beginning kinda.
Regarding the soil of the orange bud..
I have reused the soil, because I had in total 4 plants that was so small that it wasn't even worth it to continue.
So I threw them away and added new soil to the top layer, for the new orange bud seeds.

The old soil beneath only has a small amount of nutrients in it. Wich im thinking should have been flushed by now.
So.. I'm wondering.
The leafs are curling up in the edges and I'm seeing some yellowing happening on the edges.
What could the cause of it be?
I might have overwatered perhaps?
But I don't think the "droopines" matches pictures I've seen of overwatering.

SUNRISE:
*new soil in both pots
*ph water (no nutes) 6-7
* at day 4 from breaking soil

They seem to be stretching or am I totally wrong?
Was thinking of replacing the hps lamp to a Mars hydro I have lying around instead. If the temperature allows it to work out.
It's a small mars hydro 48.
If I use it should I turn on both the Veg and bloom lights in that case, or only Veg?
Or should I just continue to use my cobs for all the plants?

I have watched a lot of members try to use Tang's schedule and few are successful with it. I totally recommend balanced nutrients Read my Tutorial posted above.

Yeah, the watering is probably my biggest issue.
So afraid to drown them!
But I think I'm starting to get it better.
Like I never understood why you should water the whole pot, if they are so small and probably don't have so long roots (?)
Then I read somewhere earlier that if you only water close to the base of the plant, the roots will kinda "stay satisfied" there. And won't go further out and in turn won't grow as big.

A cannabis tap root can grow 9 inches in 3 days, the laterals are not far behind. Roots will not grow into dry soil. This is an important reason to water the entire pot. It is just as important to keep the soil microbes alive, they need constant moisture as well. the third reason is soil and coco can become hydrophobic - resist water. This will cause dry pockets in the pot reducing the overall volume and stunting plant growth.

Thanks alot people. I'll try to water better starting tomorrow.

Regarding tang, didn't know it was few ppl that was successful with it.
I thought as I saw his name/schedules on several posts it was a good idea to follow it.
Thanks for the help.

Back