HSO-Battle beginning Now for all comers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like what you are describing is "Damping Off". It is caused by too wet of a substrate (soggy) and too high humidity. If using a humidity dome make sure it has air holes and the light is not making it too hot inside the dome. Only leave it on the first day. I only use them when I cannot get the grow space up to 60% RH

Just an odd pic of my choc mint og at day 73 she's an absolute monster of a girl I'm going to take her down in say a week
Screenshot_20200915_144151_com.whatsapp.jpg

It sounds like what you are describing is "Damping Off". It is caused by too wet of a substrate (soggy) and too high humidity. If using a humidity dome make sure it has air holes and the light is not making it too hot inside the dome. Only leave it on the first day. I only use them when I cannot get the grow space up to 60% RH

Ya thats what I was thinking too, I had the cabinet sitting around 70-74% with the exhaust off, so I bumped up the exhaust fan to keep it around 65% now.
:pass:

@Mañ'O'Green HSO grow off 2020.:toke: lets talk germination. first round of seeds germinated at the full moon. six seeds started.
three popped, took a few days. longer than usual. Two, a La Gelato and a Chem Bomb are stunted, showing very little growth. the Choco Mint is doing well. put three more seeds in incubator, and in 24 hours all three were up. NEW MOON TOMORROW.
so this is my official weekly update. looks like a bunch of different start dates.:shrug: in incubator pan are new plants and old ones that did not pop.
hard to focus on the two that are stunted, will keep them going a while longer. any not going proper , will be replaced. until six healthy plants are in the tent. GUY'S AND GAL'S GERMINATE YOUR SEEDS NOW!:headbang:
DSC_0005 (1).JPG
DSC_0006.JPG
DSC_0007 (1).JPG
DSC_0008 (1).JPG

@Mañ'O'Green HSO grow off 2020.:toke: lets talk germination. first round of seeds germinated at the full moon. six seeds started.
three popped, took a few days. longer than usual. Two, a La Gelato and a Chem Bomb are stunted, showing very little growth. the Choco Mint is doing well. put three more seeds in incubator, and in 24 hours all three were up. NEW MOON TOMORROW.
so this is my official weekly update. looks like a bunch of different start dates.:shrug: in incubator pan are new plants and old ones that did not pop.
hard to focus on the two that are stunted, will keep them going a while longer. any not going proper , will be replaced. until six healthy plants are in the tent. GUY'S AND GAL'S GERMINATE YOUR SEEDS NOW!:headbang:
View attachment 1234004View attachment 1234005View attachment 1234006View attachment 1234007
@MR magoo Germinating in an aluminum pan can be adding aluminum oxides to the bottom of your jiffy pots which can be poisonous to the plants. This may be causing the twisting in the leaves? Jiffy pellets are also peat and the PH on them is often below 5.5 so be sure to soak them in PH 6.4 solution before planting.

@Mañ'O'Green pellets soaked in 6.5 PH Always. :thumbsup: any added water also 6.5. my brownie pan incubator, i have used for 11 years now. and
my overall germ rate is around 98% but with an occasional mutant or stunted. thank you for the advice.:cheers:

@Mañ'O'Green pellets soaked in 6.5 PH Always. :thumbsup: any added water also 6.5. my brownie pan incubator, i have used for 11 years now. and
my overall germ rate is around 98% but with an occasional mutant or stunted. thank you for the advice.:cheers:
It would not prevent germination but that twisted growth looks like the signs of metal toxicity to me?
DSC_0008 (1).JPG

This is copper toxicity.

copper tox1.jpgcopper tox2.jpg

The good news is they can recover from it when the metal is removed from the environment.

you could be right. they sat for a lot longer in the pan than i like. slow to germ. last batch up in 24 hours already in big pots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back