Reaction score
Been married for 16 years and throughout all that time I gave up cannabis as I promised my wife. So when we split up I had no reason that I could think of for why I was giving up something I dearly loved.

And now I'm back.

And let me tell you, how times have changed!

When I quit NL5 X Haze and White Widow were pretty much the top of the heap. Now the choices and cultivars that the breeders have developed are enough to make me weep for what I missed over the years past. And the introduction of Autos had me intrigued. So I am running autos for the second season this year and look forward to seeing how thongs progress as the equipment and regimen are honed down.

I am not new to plants, but I am a neophyte to growing indoors in enclosed spaces. Its a great deal of fun and something to look forward to each day. I can only grow in the cool season due to the heat concerns here in summer.

So hello there. Glad to be here, and glad to be back.

Happy days gents. Happy Daze...

Welcome to afn Pudden. Your a stronger man than I am, not sure who I would choose if it came down to it. :rofl: Either way yes things have changed which is most definitely for the better. The level of care and love for the plants still remain. Strain selections, nutrients, lighting yes your a bit behind possibly but that's where afn excels. With a little research here you can figure most things out fairly easily.

Hi, man! Really cool to see some old school here. 16 years of sacrifice for someone you love shows your dedication and I'm absolutely sure you'll be a top dog in indoor growing in no tome with qualities like that! Welcome and looking forward getting to know you and your grow style :pass:

16years, man, that takes me back... White Widow, Northern lights, B52, hazes and skunks with the occasional landrace, I'm not even talking about Afghan, Nepalese and Indian Charas or Moroccan Kiff. I was smoking for fun then, now I vape to ease cramping and pain, getting old, lol.
A big welcome here, mate, you'll find that people are very welcoming and all the info you'll need. Just browse around and have a great time in a great community.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hey! Welcome! Glad to see you got your green thumbs back in order and found these wonderful autos! Back in the saddle! Glad you came to join us here on AFN..... From the skins of the story.... We got a loyal one on our hands folks! He's stuck with us, and we will take ya @Puddentane !!! Welcome and enjoy! See you around.... Check out the live stoners section... Always something cool going on in there!!

Hey and Welcome!
I myself had a 10 year hiatus, ex threatened to take kids away unless I peed clean. Oh well that is past history and it has been three glorious years now since I started back up.
It sure is nice to see all that new yummy goodness available to us now, and autos, oh man the autos, will fall in love. They can be a bit more sensitive to things like nutrients but when you consider how they compress time to produce glorious bud it kinda makes sense.
Anyways I ramble... It would be swell to see a nice journal of your grow. We can watch and learn from you as well as provide some enthusiastic support.
Peace.

I've already started my first journal:

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/ok-im-in-pyramid-nyc-world-of-seeds-nl-x-bb-fast-buds-gsc.56188/

I am in the green industry so I have stayed abreast of the world as far as soils ferts and the like. But the GRREEEEEN industry is a very special niche. And the Autos are a thing unto themselves. I turned two small runs last winter in a micro box in the garage. That was part of what made the wife fly the coop. Oh well, it was inevitable. :devil:

And now I can roast coffee indoors, run around the house in my boxers, and eat peanut butter out of the jar. What did I get married for? That's another long long story...

There's a great deal of talent here and I hope to scoop it up and incorporate it into my own personal system.

Puddentane

Hey Pudd !!!

I love to hear a guy say that he is having fun with growing. Good for you my friend. Welcome and do keep posting and journaling..........eP.

Hey guys thanks for the warm words and welcome.

I was sitting and thinking bout how much things have changed over a hot cup of Kenyan coffee this morning and was wondering if anyone else has noticed that alot of the bud You see now from the higher quality product looks like it is mad of polyester. Seriously. I guess perhaps its just me but Trychome coverage is so heavy now that it almost looks like polartec.

Maybe its time for another cup of coffee.

Back