Indoor Growing in a 2x2 the trials and tribulations.

Day 73. Plant in the tent under the cobs is fattening up. Other two in her closet are still lagging. Some pics:
1634914716403.jpeg

1634914747731.jpeg

Looking good man!! I've grown 9 autos and only 1 strain finished less than 90 days from sprout. Just be patient!

Looks good.All I know is time can't go by fast enough till my first harvest.I am out of flower the last two months and when I get my first crop and smoke/vape after not having it for awhile I'll have a lot more patience for my next grow.

Day 81. I question why these are taking so long? Bad genetics? Starved for room and light? Anyway, the OG Kush in the tent is getting frosty. Jack herer and bubblegum in the closet are still lagging.
View attachment 1383151
View attachment 1383152
The first one always feels like it takes the longest. What are the breeder estimated times? And does it specify if that's seed to harvest or flowering time? If it doesn't say, assume it means flowering time. Take whatever the breeder provided time is and add like 2 weeks and that's probably a more accurate estimate of how long they'll take. Gotta remember, breeders are growing in optimal conditions that are hard for home growers to recreate perfectly. They look like they're doing exactly what they're supposed to do, just gotta give them time.

The first one always feels like it takes the longest. What are the breeder estimated times? And does it specify if that's seed to harvest or flowering time? If it doesn't say, assume it means flowering time. Take whatever the breeder provided time is and add like 2 weeks and that's probably a more accurate estimate of how long they'll take. Gotta remember, breeders are growing in optimal conditions that are hard for home growers to recreate perfectly. They look like they're doing exactly what they're supposed to do, just gotta give them time.

This. And they never mention what size pot was used. I always figure about 90 days. Which is still incredible if you think about it. Grow for quality and yield, not speed. Keep going and before you know it, you’ll have more than you know what to do with.

This. And they never mention what size pot was used. I always figure about 90 days. Which is still incredible if you think about it. Grow for quality and yield, not speed. Keep going and before you know it, you’ll have more than you know what to do with.
I totally get the omg this is taking forever feeling of that first grow lol, definitely pulled my first 4 before they were ready but I was super excited and tbh its a good thing I did cause they were/were going in jars the same time we ran out of smoke. Much more relaxed this go, didn't even check trichs till Tuesday this week and found that one of my girls was ready to go, chopped her last night. The others I'll check again probably Tuesday, but they'll still probably go at least another week on top of that. Much more chill now and willing to wait for them to ripen. Which, works out since I've got 4+ oz of wakey wakey time weed, and I'll get hopefully about the same in 1HKO night night weed from these ladies lol.

Average trichs from my first grow at harvest:
20210920_133304.jpg

Vs the girl I chopped last night:
20211030_095947.jpg

(Sorry, no microscope pics. Took a bunch but apparently they didn't save to my phone, womp womp. You can still tell there's a HUGE difference in maturity.)

I can tell those are 5gal fabric pots though based on the pics from the beginning of the thread, cause 4 of them fit perfectly in a 2x2.

I can tell those are 5gal fabric pots though based on the pics from the beginning of the thread, cause 4 of them fit perfectly in a 2x2.

Whoops! Sorry. By “they”, I was referring to the “breeder”. I don’t recall many breeders stating the size pot they used to achieve their implied seed to harvest times. I just assume now that they use 3 gallon.

Back