Indoor Growing in a 2x2 the trials and tribulations.

Whoops! Sorry. By “they”, I was referring to the “breeder”. I don’t recall many breeders stating the size pot they used to achieve their implied seed to harvest times. I just assume now that they use 3 gallon.
Oh! Derp lmao, yeah that info would be super helpful. I do like how some of the smaller breeders like @Jean-O and Mephisto tell you what the ideal pot size is for each strain. I just kinda go by the rule of thumb of bigger size estimate, bigger pot. Though, I am running my Sour Stomper and 3BOG in 5gals since I've seen some monsters of those strains. The 428g dry Sour Stomper in a 5gal I saw on reddit kinda sealed that deal for me, though I'm sure I won't get anywhere near that kind of weight lol.

Oh! Derp lmao, yeah that info would be super helpful. I do like how some of the smaller breeders like @Jean-O and Mephisto tell you what the ideal pot size is for each strain. I just kinda go by the rule of thumb of bigger size estimate, bigger pot. Though, I am running my Sour Stomper and 3BOG in 5gals since I've seen some monsters of those strains. The 428g dry Sour Stomper in a 5gal I saw on reddit kinda sealed that deal for me, though I'm sure I won't get anywhere near that kind of weight lol.

Does Mephisto? I’d never noticed tbh. I just know that my Strawberry Nuggets was described as compact. And it’s the tallest damn plant in my 4x4. And it is finicky AF.

Does Mephisto? I’d never noticed tbh. I just know that my Strawberry Nuggets was described as compact. And it’s the tallest damn plant in my 4x4. And it is finicky AF.
Yeah I was just catching up on your thread. I think it was meph, but it might have been @Twenty20 Adam that I'm thinking of. Regardless, I love when they give you a heads up on recommended pot size.

Yeah I was just catching up on your thread. I think it was meph, but it might have been @Twenty20 Adam that I'm thinking of. Regardless, I love when they give you a heads up on recommended pot size.
Typically we recommend 3-5 gallon for indoor. You will usually max-out efficiency around 5 gallons.

Probably going to find the closet plants won't be as dense as the tents.....the TS600 is a good light but after my 1st grow I bought a couple TS1000 and it really made a difference. Now I have 3 TS1000 in my 2x4 and the TS600's are in the 2x2.

The first one always feels like it takes the longest. What are the breeder estimated times? And does it specify if that's seed to harvest or flowering time? If it doesn't say, assume it means flowering time. Take whatever the breeder provided time is and add like 2 weeks and that's probably a more accurate estimate of how long they'll take. Gotta remember, breeders are growing in optimal conditions that are hard for home growers to recreate perfectly. They look like they're doing exactly what they're supposed to do, just gotta give them time.
Interesting. The grow time for the two in the closet say 10-14 weeks. The one in the tent doesn’t have a grow time, it has a ‘flowers’ =8 weeks.

Probably going to find the closet plants won't be as dense as the tents.....the TS600 is a good light but after my 1st grow I bought a couple TS1000 and it really made a difference. Now I have 3 TS1000 in my 2x4 and the TS600's are in the 2x2.
Yeah, agreed. The closet plants are taking up much more room than the TS600 can cover. Have Cobs in the tent.
Will be using the 600 to veg and the two Cobs to flower.

Day 85.
OG Kush (1st pic) is turning out nicely. Buds don’t seem to be getting larger but that might be because I am checking on my plants twice a day and just don’t see the change. It’s still drinking over a half gallon a day. Trichromes are still completely clear. Maybe two weeks more I’m guessing.
Bubblegum (2nd pc) is starting to bud up nicely. Nodes are far apart I dont think I’ll see any big colas, mainly because I had to super crop almost all of them. The smell coming from her buds is very sweet, and distinct. She smells delicious.
Jack Herer (3rd pic) is the runt. She’s always been smaller. I’m surprised, as this is the most sativa leaning plant of the three. Figured she would dominate. Think I’ll try a little mini-SOG with some of her seeds at a later time. Most likely the stunting is due to all the stress I put these ladies through. And the sub par lighting for the space they are in. Either way, tasty nugs are coming and that’s what counts.
EA4739DA-9431-434F-817A-C995577F2BEA.jpeg

B2AAD5C0-5C63-4455-8DD1-54C5DCB666FE.jpeg

3558E3C8-84FE-4067-BAF0-E73BC41F08BD.jpeg

Back