Harvest & Curing Cob curing Malawi style

:welcome: @tangwena :cooldance:I've seen your cob thread somewhere else online. Even have a chart saved
9BB98DBA-4711-4512-A73C-9FC640915E3C.jpeg

Here's the local cobbing thread, which is pretty much based on your method :d5:

Hoping to make some soon as well. Long term storage with sustained potency….and the amplified sensory bennies.
Mixes could prove interesting. My CBG girl is catching up and hopefully produce well. I've never used CBG, so I don't know how it will affect me, but if she produces well, A couple cobs should be in order.

Mixes could prove interesting. My CBG girl is catching up and hopefully produce well. I've never used CBG, so I don't know how it will affect me, but if she produces well, A couple cobs should be in order.
I hope it provides a benefit. The master cannabinoid must have extra special properties.
CBG cobs are an interesting undertaking. Please record your experience. Probably not many folks doing CBG cobbing.

Thanks to all the members posting here its great to see so much interest and I will do my best to give good advice.
@snerval good to see you giving it a go. using small amounts like you are its best to just do what we call canary style cure.
no need to roll it up just make a ball of bunch and vacuum seal it in the bag.
Can you post a picture of the buds as they look now outside the bag?
Its hard to offer advice without seeing the buds.
Its very easy to over ferment smaller batches.

I hope it provides a benefit. The master cannabinoid must have extra special properties.
CBG cobs are an interesting undertaking. Please record your experience. Probably not many folks doing CBG cobbing.
I will definitely document it.I'm hoping it has something beneficial. I'm planning on testing the rosin I make from it also. I'll mix it with other rosin to see what effect that has..

Full Duplex’s Jem is 4percent CBG.
Not sure if he is still making those, but the original Mossy’s Purple Jem provided relief to many.

Thanks to all the members posting here its great to see so much interest and I will do my best to give good advice.
@snerval good to see you giving it a go. using small amounts like you are its best to just do what we call canary style cure.
no need to roll it up just make a ball of bunch and vacuum seal it in the bag.
Can you post a picture of the buds as they look now outside the bag?
Its hard to offer advice without seeing the buds.
Its very easy to over ferment smaller batches.
Thank you @tangwena
Yes this weird plant gave me very few buds - I thought it was an opportunity to do a first test.
My other plants are not ready yet but I'll have the opportunity to make legit size cobs.

Here are the mini cobs after 48h in the cobatron @30°C/86°F.
There's a bit of liquid in the bag.
I had almost no moisture during the first sweat stage @37.5°C/99?5°F - maybe I should have up the temp a bit more...
The smell is like a bit sour, nothing noticeable regarding terpenes yet
Should I dry them and back in the cobatron ?

IMG_4750.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you @tangwena
Yes this weird plant gave me very few buds - I thought it was an opportunity to do a first test.
My other plants are not ready yet but I'll have the opportunity to make legit size cobs.

Here are the mini cobs after 48h in the cobatron @30°C/86°F.
There's a bit of liquid in the bag.
I had almost no moisture during the first sweat stage @37.5°C/99?5°F - maybe I should have up the temp a bit more...
The smell is like a bit sour, nothing noticeable regarding terpenes yet
Should I dry them and back in the cobatron ?

View attachment 1587438
Yes I would dry them so they feel dry to the touch on the outside.
Then put them back at 30c to cure.
I'd say you have got them moving now being slow and gentle from here on will pay off I'm sure.

Howdy @tangwena , bit of a slow day fishing mate .
Hi Brother that was the result of the 3rd days fishing, the first and second were even worse ha ha.
We have 2.5kg left of our 20kg quota of fillets! Were going to have to slow down from here ha ha.
Flying high on chewed cob the fish just kept coming its like I had a fish magnet ha ha.
We must have caught and released about 50 snapper each day it was unreal ha ha.

Back