Photoperiod McDee's Malawi Madness

gonna have a bunch of daytime meds soon. Looking good
Thanks bud. Yeah about time hahaha. Gonna start trimming soon, I hope to collect some scissor hash tonight for tomorrow. I wish I could have done them better, but is what it is. Not sure why so many issues. I'm glad it's harvest tho. Normally I hate trimming, but I can't wait to get at it. Being out of fresh weed has a little to do with it lol.

Last edited:
@Green Hornet thanks for the rep. Not my finest plants, but this was a haul I wasn't as prepared for as I thought. Kinda like jumping from college to pro. You get use to 11-13 games a yr, but you hit a wall your first go at 17. Mentally I became tired, felt like it would never end. Mixing up nutrients every 2-3 days became mind numbing. I think the best way to grow plants like these is if you have other shorter cultivars grow as well. Kinda like set them, and forget them. Just let them go while you're concentrated on the others. When they're all you have going it makes it seem even longer. Good thing to have experienced for later down the road when I do them again.

Last edited:
Still, despite all that it looks like you pulled off a nice harvest. Definitely interested to hear what you think of it.
Yeah, wasn't sure the 1 was gonna survive. Almost done with her I could have finished, but no rush most of the leaves are off already so it's quick work. I can see the girl on the left has less trichs so it will be less potent. Again didn't think I was gonna get anything so something is welcomed. The other has some nice frost in spots. I sampled some a few weeks back was ok buzz, but wasn't ready little heady. I should be able to press some tomorrow. It was still kinda damp 7hrs ago. I will probably press it by tomorrow night, but I'll see if it's dry enough. I can't wait to try this moisture meter I got. I shouldn't over dry with it like I normally do now lol.

20230419_121026.jpg
20230419_121034.jpg

Just about done! I have about half of the 2nd plant left. I should be able to finish the rest tonight. It's a little fluffy, not sure if that's how Malawi is or from the issues I had. I turn it into rosin so not concerned about bag appeal. I did press the branch I took. Not much of a yeild, but sativas aren't huge producers from what I've seen normally. This is definitely a sativa lol. What I did get was what I was looking for. Kinda has a hay taste, but no cure not surprising. It fouled up my enail like I've never seen, but the high is perfect. Not as jolting as Green Crack, but got me more motivated and didn't make me tired. Rosin is purple, and a little hard to collect. I post a pic of that after I have it dried. Here is a few more pics.

20230418_231545.jpg
20230418_231605.jpg
20230418_231628.jpg
20230418_231715.jpg
20230419_121049.jpg
20230419_121101.jpg
20230419_121112.jpg

I am interested how the other girl will be. Hopefully it is better than the sample I took few weeks ago. I will find out in a few days.

Stay lifted

I'm back with an update, and not a good 1:wall:. Before that its time to get lifted! Join me if you can I'm dabbing on some Malawi bho.
:hookah:

Now that that's done I have some info on the Malawi. 1st thanks @hecno for the rep points. They came in at a dry weight of 240g's. Probably should be more tho, it's so dry it's crunchy. I don't get it. It was more fluffy than dense. The stem were still wet, but the bud was dry. I don't understand how the stems were so damp somewhat wet, and bud was crispy??? I tried pressing it and got no yeild, it's too dry. So I thought about ice water hash, or bho. I settled on bho because it's easier less to do between the ice, and water. I think I will get more yield I think too. So I open blasted using my 18" tube. It's in the vac chamber currently.

20230502_120107.jpg
20230502_131032.jpg

If you're going to make bho BE SAFE!!! It is perfectly safe IF... you are! Don't be like the ass clowns you seen on the internet blowing up their kitchen's. It didn't yield a lot, I don't have weight still purging. I have some scraped from tools I'm toking on, but only a few dabs so not worried. I don't normally make bho, but I think it's the best way to get the most out of it. I will do this 1 again tho, I will wait on it for a larger grow space for next time. I have already started my next grow. Trying an organic water only grow. I will be making some tea for them as well. I am doing an auto grow with Nature's Living Soil. Doing 2-5 gal with Mephisto HubbaBubba Haze, and Atlas Seeds Froot by the Foot. They germinated nicely, and went into the dirt last night. They should be up soon both had large tails. I will tag people this time I was just too lazy to last time lol. Till next time...

Stay lifted

:pass:

Ah man, sorry to hear the harvest is a bit dissapointing. Tough plants to grow.
Yeah, that's how it goes sometimes. I will get some more bho from it. I lost a good bit that I couldn't get out of the bowl I used. The way it curves razor blade wouldn't get it. A square or rectangular one is easier to get it out. The resin is good tho. Doesn't make me tired strong. This was a test to see how well it would work. I ha e 4-6 cans of butane I used 2 for this. I still have my best buds left so I will get some more too bigger yield hopefully too. I'm on watch for my next 2 any minute now...

Stay lifted

Last edited:
Back