Canna Bio Autos

I'd suggest a lot of reading on different styles, figure out which you'd like to try, try em, then pull whatever elements of them you like and figure what works best for you. There is no real 1 way to get good results.

I have dr forest dry amendments here (uk). I have 4-4-4 all pupose and 2-8-4 bloom. I was going to use them but decided to stick with the cannq bio range as thats the soil im using. Youd recommend just using dry amendments then?
Also, can you overfeed with dry amendments? Its read in some places that you can't as the plant will only take what it needs.

I have dr forest dry amendments here (uk). I have 4-4-4 all pupose and 2-8-4 bloom. I was going to use them but decided to stick with the cannq bio range as thats the soil im using. Youd recommend just using dry amendments then?
So much easier, safer and also 100% organic. All you would have to do is top dress your plants every 2-3 weeks and water. Your plants will only take in what they need. I use Down to Earth 4-4-4 during veg and 4-8-4 for flowering. I also add a little Down to Earth Dolomite Lime to supplement with natural cal/mag. I have grown many different ways and have found that this is the lowest maintenance and the cheapest way to go.
Here are some buds I grow with dry natural amendments.

Attachments

• 6E5342CC-E74D-4755-A0FE-4D942BBCC228.jpeg
    6E5342CC-E74D-4755-A0FE-4D942BBCC228.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
So much easier, safer and also 100% organic. All you would have to do is top dress your plants every 2-3 weeks and water. Your plants will only take in what they need. I use Down to Earth 4-4-4 during veg and 4-8-4 for flowering. I also add a little Down to Earth Dolomite Lime to supplement with natural cal/mag. I have grown many different ways and have found that this is the lowest maintenance and the cheapest way to go.
Here are some buds I grow with dry natural amendments.
Next questions is, how long does it normally take for those dry amendments to start working? Ive been reading about them for weeks and cannot find a solid answer. Seems to be anywhere from hours to months.

Thanks. Fastbuds created this table for canna bio and autoflowers but i'm not quite sure what the numbers mean.

This table is in ml per Liter, not grams, Bio Canna is liquid nutrient obviously. I have been using bio canna for a while. I would not recommend mixing it with dry amendment until you really understand how it works in your system, but I don’t think it’s necessary to add anything additional. I use the whole bio line and the only thing I sometimes add is 2-3 ml per gallon of the P/K from the regular line. I don’t always add it, only early to mid flowering if they seem like particularly hungry plants..

I use RO water and add calmag to between EC .2-3 (in a peat based mix, you might need to add more in your bio terra soil, which is close to half coco I believe). I start with bio Vega between week 2-3 depending on the plants needs. I start at 5ml/gal with Vega and up it to between 7-10 ml/gal progressing into flowering. Gotta go by observation here some don’t like more than 7-8ml/gal and some plants will take a bit more. Week 2 of flowering, after stretching has finished I switch to Flores for the rest of the cycle. If I am going to add the PK I will start at week 2-3 of flowering. I mostly follow the ratios that canna gives you on their grow guide I just reduce everything by about 50% strength to start and ramp up to about 75% by full flower. When you start adding more bio Flores it will make your nutrient mix quite acidic, but be very careful with ph adjusting. Check your runoff to see if it’s actually necessary. The bio line has lots of fruit acids in it and they will oxidize and the ph rises. My nutrient solution is usually around PH 5.0 but my run off is consistently between PH 6.3-6.5.

I hope this was helpful. It took me a couple grows to get the bio line dialed in, but now I am very happy with my results. The first few cycles I tried adding some dry soil amendments and it seemed to throw everything out of balance, which is why I caution against it, and least for your first couple grows. I am still not adding anything additional and don’t think it’s necessary with my current set up.

good luck!

Last edited:
Next questions is, how long does it normally take for those dry amendments to start working? Ive been reading about them for weeks and cannot find a solid answer. Seems to be anywhere from hours to months.
Depends on what it is. seabird guano will absorb right away. Stuff that leeches into liquid you can bet is breaking down when you water. Some amendments like let's say you dry your leaves and and powder them back into your soil they would take longer depending on how biologically active your soil is. Basically bacteria breaks down the dry amendments in real organics. I like em1. You can look into gathering and cultivating wild bacteria with imo in Korean natural farming. Putting yoghurt in your water or kombucha will add bacteria in your soil also

I meant to ask in my first response, did you really use 25 gallon pots? If so I think that is major overkill for an auto, especially for a first grow, at least based on my current understanding. I am a long time grower but only on my 4th auto cycle, so I could be wrong, but I think the diminishing returns of larger pot sizes kicks in much sooner with autos. Maybe someone with more experience can chime in here, but I think 3-7 gallons is a more typical range. If nothing else such a large pot is going to make watering more difficult, especially while the plants are young and not drinking much water.

The Down to Earth 4-8-4 and 4-4-4 takes about 5-7 days for the dry amendments to start kicking in. It’s always nice to be ahead of the feeding so I will top dress every 14 days. Very easy!
I do also use bottled nutrients when I have to. I grow some of my crops in 4x4 Grodan blocks on a flood and drain table, and that obviously requires bottled nutrients. I will also feed my coco grown autos bottled nutrients during the short 3 week vegetative stage for a little faster growth, but strictly use dry amendments through flowering.

This table is in ml per Liter, not grams, Bio Canna is liquid nutrient obviously. I have been using bio canna for a while. I would not recommend mixing it with dry amendment until you really understand how it works in your system, but I don’t think it’s necessary to add anything additional. I use the whole bio line and the only thing I sometimes add is 2-3 ml per gallon of the P/K from the regular line. I don’t always add it, only early to mid flowering if they seem like particularly hungry plants..

I use RO water and add calmag to between EC .2-3 (in a peat based mix, you might need to add more in your bio terra soil, which is close to half coco I believe). I start with bio Vega between week 2-3 depending on the plants needs. I start at 5ml/gal with Vega and up it to between 7-10 ml/gal progressing into flowering. Gotta go by observation here some don’t like more than 7-8ml/gal and some plants will take a bit more. Week 2 of flowering, after stretching has finished I switch to Flores for the rest of the cycle. If I am going to add the PK I will start at week 2-3 of flowering. I mostly follow the ratios that canna gives you on their grow guide I just reduce everything by about 50% strength to start and ramp up to about 75% by full flower. When you start adding more bio Flores it will make your nutrient mix quite acidic, but be very careful with ph adjusting. Check your runoff to see if it’s actually necessary. The bio line has lots of fruit acids in it and they will oxidize and the ph rises. My nutrient solution is usually around PH 5.0 but my run off is consistently between PH 6.3-6.5.

I hope this was helpful. It took me a couple grows to get the bio line dialed in, but now I am very happy with my results. The first few cycles I tried adding some dry soil amendments and it seemed to throw everything out of balance, which is why I caution against it, and least for your first couple grows. I am still not adding anything additional and don’t think it’s necessary with my current set up.

good luck!
Brialliant response. Very informative. How often do you find yourself feeding the plants?

Will i be okay using ths canna bio line if i have added worm castings to my soil mix?

Back