Bob's Journey into Hybridisation and Genetics - For Dummies

I always pollinate on the first sign of orange pistols. I think you can wait a few days buddy 😉
Thanks mate. I'll check back with you in a couple of days, might even be a week as it doesn't look like they are stopping popping pistils anytime soon. But if you see it's time, please do tell me. I'll be showing off my two ladies in waiting every so often. :cheers:

Thanks mate. I'll check back with you in a couple of days, might even be a week as it doesn't look like they are stopping popping pistils anytime soon. But if you see it's time, please do tell me. I'll be showing off my two ladies in waiting every so often. :cheers:
I will do mate 👍

Day 38 - Junk Dealer's Wedding
Hey Friends :toke:

You are looking at one happy camper you guys...Look at them pompom's. 👌
This is my lady in waiting, the small pheno. But oh, does she produce a nice set of flowers and clearly she isn't done yet.
1697915126894 _small.jpg

A lot has been going on lately...One is that I've sprayed them again...with Boom Boom Spray, that is. Guessed the ladies deserved a nice treatment after the distress they've been in. That Boom Boom spray does my ladies good. Some extra nutrition combined with plant based goodies.
1697915126890 _small.jpg

Mixed up 1ml with 200ml water and shook it well before applying it from top to bottom. For my 60x60cm tent this is more then enough to give all the plants a nice dousing.
1697915126885 _small.jpg

Then dropped the light intensity to 20% for about an hour and slowly took it back to where it was before the spraying. ie, 73%, which gives me a DLI of 42Mole, nice :thumbsup:
1697915126881 _small.jpg

Healthy looking plants. And also cool how they shed their own leaves when deploid of nutrients...Amazing how nature works, right? :hump:
1697915126878 _small.jpg

I also helped the plants along by removing the fan leaves which were interfering with the space of another plant.
ie, If it produced a shadow on another plant, it got removed. :naughtystep:
1697915126873 _small.jpg

This resulted in below removed leaves. Some of them look really healty, which were removed by above mentioned priciple. Other, which look yellow fell off or came of when touched lightly. Better to remove them before they start to mold up on the soil's surface.
1697915126856 _small.jpg

This created some space between the plants. Good for air movement and light to get to them lowers. The downside is that I've just removed a couple of the plant's solar panels.
1697915126869 _small.jpg

Just before she got plucked underneath her skirt.
1697915126866 _small.jpg

My large pheno lady. I'm starting to get high hopes for this one...Let me explain. Since I've always wanted to do a DWC, I'm planning to do a "one big plant DWC" next season. The tank I'll be using is 70L, but only 50L will be used. The rest is to keep the pot secured in the top of the canister. But more on that on a later date. :thumbsup:
1697915126861 _small.jpg

The underside of the ladies after removing the surplus leaves.
1697915126852 _small.jpg

Front left and back left are the two ladies in waiting. The rest is present for my pleasure :condom:
1697915126849 _small.jpg

Other angle...
1697915126846 _small.jpg

Last picture, I promise 🤞
1697915126841 _small.jpg

Hehe, to end today's post another time lapse. Duration = 55 hours, speed = 30fps. Enjoy :thanks:

Regards,

Bob :toke:

Hey Friends :toke:

You are looking at one happy camper you guys...Look at them pompom's. 👌
This is my lady in waiting, the small pheno. But oh, does she produce a nice set of flowers and clearly she isn't done yet.
View attachment 1640372

A lot has been going on lately...One is that I've sprayed them again...with Boom Boom Spray, that is. Guessed the ladies deserved a nice treatment after the distress they've been in. That Boom Boom spray does my ladies good. Some extra nutrition combined with plant based goodies.
View attachment 1640374

Mixed up 1ml with 200ml water and shook it well before applying it from top to bottom. For my 60x60cm tent this is more then enough to give all the plants a nice dousing.
View attachment 1640375

Then dropped the light intensity to 20% for about an hour and slowly took it back to where it was before the spraying. ie, 73%, which gives me a DLI of 42Mole, nice :thumbsup:
View attachment 1640380

Healthy looking plants. And also cool how they shed their own leaves when deploid of nutrients...Amazing how nature works, right? :hump:
View attachment 1640381

I also helped the plants along by removing the fan leaves which were interfering with the space of another plant.
ie, If it produced a shadow on another plant, it got removed. :naughtystep:
View attachment 1640382

This resulted in below removed leaves. Some of them look really healty, which were removed by above mentioned priciple. Other, which look yellow fell off or came of when touched lightly. Better to remove them before they start to mold up on the soil's surface.
View attachment 1640383

This created some space between the plants. Good for air movement and light to get to them lowers. The downside is that I've just removed a couple of the plant's solar panels.
View attachment 1640384

Just before she got plucked underneath her skirt.
View attachment 1640385

My large pheno lady. I'm starting to get high hopes for this one...Let me explain. Since I've always wanted to do a DWC, I'm planning to do a "one big plant DWC" next season. The tank I'll be using is 70L, but only 50L will be used. The rest is to keep the pot secured in the top of the canister. But more on that on a later date. :thumbsup:
View attachment 1640386

The underside of the ladies after removing the surplus leaves.
View attachment 1640387
Front left and back left are the two ladies in waiting. The rest is present for my pleasure :condom:
View attachment 1640388

Other angle...
View attachment 1640389

Last picture, I promise 🤞
View attachment 1640390

Hehe, to end today's post another time lapse. Duration = 55 hours, speed = 30fps. Enjoy :thanks:
View attachment 1640391

Regards,

Very nice indeed mate.
I would be happy with that tent. Excellent

Day 42 - Junk Dealer's Wedding
Very nice indeed mate.
I would be happy with that tent. Excellent
Have to agree , all looking mighty fine . :thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind words my friends :cheers:
I am quite satisfied with the current result myself 👌
1698188041847 _small.jpg

I've been watering the plants every day ever since I sprayed them with the Boom Boom Spray...Quite happy with the vigor the ladies are showing.
This is the large pheno girl in the back left. Don't think the pistils are where @Sawney_bean would like 'm to be for pollination, but still I'm sharing you guys...
1698188041803 _small.jpg

Zoomed in a bit for your eyes only 🔫 007 🔫
1698188041916 _small.jpg

Right next to her is another larger girl. Almost as covered with pistils like her sister in waiting... Oh some of you might have noticed the first signs of frost...
1698188041794 _small.jpg

Zoomed in again ;)
1698188041905 _small.jpg

The last time I fed the girls was about a week ago. So today I added 5ml Orgatrex and 5ml Bio PK 5-8 to 2L water and devided it over the pots. Starting to run out. So when it's gone, it's gone...:shrug:
1698188041840 _small.jpg
1698188041831 _small.jpg

The value's inside the tent are perfect, for a lack of a better word. I think I've raised the output of the light to the maximum the plants will bear. It'll be lowered in the coming weeks anyway, but I wanted to give as much energy to the plants as possible, while everything is still in growing mode.
The temperature is perfect and VPD is between 1.05 & 1.1kPa.
CO² could be a bit higher, but I'll have to wait a week until I can go shopping again. Need to refill the water/sugar mixture...We'll see ;)
1698188979263 _small.jpg

1698188041780 _small.jpg

1698188041875 _small.jpg

All the ladies look fine...
1698188041869 _small.jpg

...even the runt of the group is starting to put on some pistils :thumbsup:
1698188041788 _small.jpg

As usual...to end today's post another time lapse. Speed = 30fps, duration = 76 hours. Please enjoy :thanks:

Regards,

Thanks for the kind words my friends :cheers:
I am quite satisfied with the current result myself 👌
View attachment 1641070

I've been watering the plants every day ever since I sprayed them with the Boom Boom Spray...Quite happy with the vigor the ladies are showing.
This is the large pheno girl in the back left. Don't think the pistils are where @Sawney_bean would like 'm to be for pollination, but still I'm sharing you guys...
View attachment 1641071

Zoomed in a bit for your eyes only 🔫 007 🔫
View attachment 1641080

Right next to her is another larger girl. Almost as covered with pistils like her sister in waiting... Oh some of you might have noticed the first signs of frost...
View attachment 1641072

Zoomed in again ;)
View attachment 1641073

The last time I fed the girls was about a week ago. So today I added 5ml Orgatrex and 5ml Bio PK 5-8 to 2L water and devided it over the pots. Starting to run out. So when it's gone, it's gone...:shrug:
View attachment 1641074View attachment 1641075

The value's inside the tent are perfect, for a lack of a better word. I think I've raised the output of the light to the maximum the plants will bear. It'll be lowered in the coming weeks anyway, but I wanted to give as much energy to the plants as possible, while everything is still in growing mode.
The temperature is perfect and VPD is between 1.05 & 1.1kPa.
CO² could be a bit higher, but I'll have to wait a week until I can go shopping again. Need to refill the water/sugar mixture...We'll see ;)
View attachment 1641076

View attachment 1641077

View attachment 1641078

All the ladies look fine...
View attachment 1641081

...even the runt of the group is starting to put on some pistils :thumbsup:
View attachment 1641082

As usual...to end today's post another time lapse. Speed = 30fps, duration = 76 hours. Please enjoy :thanks:
View attachment 1641084

Regards,

llooking spot on mate.
another day or two and it's magic dust time lol .

Plants looking mighty fine again mate! :thumbsup:

What a bit of time and TLC can do right :pighug:
So right you are my friend...Let the bennies in the soil do all the hard work.
Now I can concentrate more on perfecting the other variables.

Oh, I've also installed a DIY (proper as it's electricity) UVA (365-370nm) cob light. It get's fairly hot, even with the heatsink attached. That's why I hung it on the monkey fan that's running at 2/3 speed. This will keep everything nice and cool. Turning it on in the tent doesn't do much light intensity wise, but the ten seconds I did before I realized that this spectrum is bad for the eyes, gave me welders eyes. A burning and dry sensation... Live an learn, right...

Last edited:
Gooday to you all :toke:

I've been preparing everything to separate the two female's from the rest of the crew. Don't want a repeat like in the greenhouse, lol.
So yesterday I called my local kitchen appliances store and asked if they had a cardboard box from a large fridge lying around...
It was a large box, but had no top or bottom. That's usually where the Styrofoam sits. So I cut the flaps and folded a top and bottom.
Taped everything nice and shut and then made a rudimentary door.
1698315559303 _small.jpeg

To prevent the door from opening inwards I stickytaped a piece of leftover cardboard to the side.
1698315559299 _small.jpeg

This morning I continued on my little DIY project...
I wanted to add a layer of mylar so the light could bounce around optimally, even though the ladies will be in here for a couple of days, I still want to treat the well. They will be taking care of the offspring so they are as important as the ladies that are going to get me stoned 👌

Now installing the mylar was kinda impossible to do with the box as it was. So I cut the whole damn thing open, layed it flat on the floor and sprayed an entire can of sprayglue over the carboard. After opening the windows the glue was dry enough for the mylar to be applied. This went a whole lot easier.
Ok, I'll admit...I won't be working in a carshop applying tinted foil, but it'll do the trick :thumbsup:

Afterwards I folded and taped the box back up. Added two pieces of electrical wire as hooks for the light and gave everything a testrun.
1698315559292 _small.jpg

1698315559285 _small.jpg

While looking around in the box I accidentally bumped the cardboard doorstop and knocked it off. So this had to be mounted more securely. Added some woodglue and a couple of clamps. By tomorrow it'll be dry and strong enough for me to bump against ;)
Also cut off the lower right corner so I had a place to thread my electrical wiring through. The lower clamp is preventing the view.
1698315559278 _small.jpg

This is my first growlight, from before @Marshydro was so kind as to help me out. Haven't forgotten you my friend :cheers:
1698315559265 _small.jpeg

This setup consists of three 50W 220/110V~ each cooled by a CPU fan recuperated out of the many old pc's, meant for thrash, we had lying around at work. Three colors or bandwidths as they say. Cool white, Blurple and warm white.
1698315559256 _small.jpeg

Hopefully this will be enough to keep my babymama's happy for a couple of days...
How long do you keep 'm separated from the others @Sawney_bean? And you shower them before you put 'm back didn't ya?

Regards,

Back