Bob's Journey into Hybridisation and Genetics - For Dummies

Day 69 - Double Grape x Toof Decay - Late flower
@Sawney_bean...This one's for you my friend 🫶

The next one on my kill list is this beautiful Double Grape x Toof Decay.
1689275119025 _small.jpg

Her pistils are starting to shrivel away. Even though she's still pushing out several new ones on top. But I've seen this before and asume it has to do with the amount of nutrients which are still available because of the PK Booster Compost tea in combination with the Bio PK 5-8. Both are amazing products and can kick a plant in overdrive.
1689275119021 _small.jpg

She's not as frosty as the Wedding or as was the Port & Stilton, but I already smoked a bud from the seed mother and I know that kicked my ass, so looks might be deceiving on this one you guys 💪
1689275119017 _small.jpg

Down lower there are still buds with plenty of fresh pistils...
1689275119013 _small.jpg

Looking at the trichomes I'm calling it very, very close...Couple of days. 🤏
1689275119081 _small.jpg

On the left side there are plenty of trichomes which are turning a more café-laté like color...
1689275119071 _small.jpg

I have always felt that a trichome which has this darker white, almost yellow/green, is the ripest you can get it.
From then on it's downhill for the THC-A molecule...🗻⛹️‍♂️
1689275119061 _small.jpg

She's so frikkin' close you guys, yup I'm calling it.
1689275119052 _small.jpg

What is your opinion you guys?
1689275119043 _small.jpg

What a construction our beloved plant makes, no? ♥
1689275119034 _small.jpg

Gonna have some diner now and then to bed, luckily tomorrow is Friday and boy have I been looking out for it 🤏:pop:

Regards,

Bob :toke:

@Sawney_bean...This one's for you my friend 🫶

The next one on my kill list is this beautiful Double Grape x Toof Decay.
View attachment 1613819

Her pistils are starting to shrivel away. Even though she's still pushing out several new ones on top. But I've seen this before and asume it has to do with the amount of nutrients which are still available because of the PK Booster Compost tea in combination with the Bio PK 5-8. Both are amazing products and can kick a plant in overdrive.
View attachment 1613820

She's not as frosty as the Wedding or as was the Port & Stilton, but I already smoked a bud from the seed mother and I know that kicked my ass, so looks might be deceiving on this one you guys 💪
View attachment 1613821

Down lower there are still buds with plenty of fresh pistils...
View attachment 1613822

Looking at the trichomes I'm calling it very, very close...Couple of days. 🤏
View attachment 1613823
On the left side there are plenty of trichomes which are turning a more café-laté like color...
View attachment 1613824

I have always felt that a trichome which has this darker white, almost yellow/green, is the ripest you can get it.
From then on it's downhill for the THC-A molecule...🗻⛹️‍♂️
View attachment 1613825

She's so frikkin' close you guys, yup I'm calling it.
View attachment 1613826

What is your opinion you guys?
View attachment 1613827

What a construction our beloved plant makes, no? ♥
View attachment 1613828

Gonna have some diner now and then to bed, luckily tomorrow is Friday and boy have I been looking out for it 🤏:pop:

Regards,

I wish to mate. Thanks.
Pics are epic as usual , keep up the magic work buddy. :pighug:

Day 70
I wish to mate. Thanks.
Pics are epic as usual , keep up the magic work buddy. :pighug:
Oh, you're more then welcome buddy :cheers:
This weekend the Double Grape x Toof Decay is coming down. She's ready to rock 'n roll baby :woohoo1:
1689344111811 _small.jpg

She is sticky, she's greasy and rock hard...
1689344111807 _small.jpg

This is gonna be a pleasure to trim @stan_mephisto. Just remove the fan leaves and trim the tips of the sugar leaves...
1689344111804 _small.jpg

One nice and frosty cola. :hump:
1689344111801 _small.jpg

Finally this Mephisto's Wedding is starting to fill out. She'll probably need another week or maybe two. Yup, that's what I thought when I saw the bud pictures...
1689344111828 _small.jpg

Have a look at them buds. Small as they are, the calyx's could not be more tightly packed with trichomes then these... :shooty:
1689344111824 _small.jpg

Since she's gonna be ready by the end of the month I'm going to let her have the time she needs, but she's coming down before August arrives :drunks:
1689344111821 _small.jpg

Regards,

@Redeye Master, Thanks for the rep buddy!! :cheers:
About the humidity in the greenhouse. Ever since I'm only doing Organic and stopped with the Hydroponic stuff, humidity has gone down. This has probably got to do with the fact that occasionally I had a plug and the entire 200L barrel was pumped empty and spilled on the concrete slab. Which soaked up the water and raised humidity inside to a near 100% continuous. These days the plants reside in fabric or plastic pots and I'm watering by means of a slow trickle (250ml/min). So I can decide plant by plant which needs how much water and add a timer for that, two, three times a day if needbe. And the good thing is, I don't even have to be home for that. :pass:

Oh yeah, I also had a first taste of a small Mephisto's Wedding bud, which was dry to the touch. It wasn't perfectly dry as my grinder did have some issues grinding it and I felt there was still some flexibility in the bud. But, the smoke was...pfieuw...Amazing. A very nice weed, on which I did my best to finish the first joint in one sitting as I normally do. This time it took me over an hour to finish. But I did finish, stoned as f#(k...Very nice indeed and what I was after.
By the time I went back indoors the munchies creeped up on me and I had to eat something. Granted I didn't eat today, but then again...
I just smoked a second joint (half 'n half, like Raymond says ;) ) and it went down a lot easier. But....I am frekkin' wasted. So I bid you all farewell and goodbye...I said goodbye :toke:

Last edited:
Day 71 - Harvest Double Grape x Toof Decay
Hey Friends :cheers:

Today (Saturday) the Double Grape x Toof Decay came down. I think she's given the highest return of all the ladies. Feel like I'm going to get me two jars of primo bud to enjoy in the coming months.
1689456786860 _small.jpg

Trimmed all of them buds like this as we're after the trichomes my friends 💧
1689456786851 _small.jpg

Since there's so much of her, I'm probably going to press me some of this for later use. :thumbsup:
1689456786847 _small.jpg

All of a sudden it became to dark to continue inside the greenhouse...So I finished this bud and collected all my stuff and continued in the patio. 👌
1689456786840 _small.jpg

Also the Mephisto's Wedding buds where dry, so they got jarred up. Kinda disappointed in the return from this plant. Not in the amount of trichomes, as this plant produced so much of it!! It's just plain ridiculous :yoinks:
I am actually, while I'm writing this remembering that there's still an entire lower part of the plant which got pollinated and is still in the soil. So yeah, let me refrase my above conclusion. This plant is an amazing cultivar and I've enjoyed growing it. The smell is like vanilla creme filled waffles and she's absolutely covered in trichomes. The part of the plant that got harvested for my enjoyment gave me a very nice return and I still have four branches which need to get pulled from the soil, but I first need to go back in this thread and look up when exactly, I did pollinate those buds and then see when I can pull these from the soil. :weed::wiz:

Regards,

Oh yeah, I also had a first taste of a small Mephisto's Wedding bud, which was dry to the touch. It wasn't perfectly dry as my grinder did have some issues grinding it and I felt there was still some flexibility in the bud. But, the smoke was...pfieuw...Amazing. A very nice weed, on which I did my best to finish the first joint in one sitting as I normally do. This time it took me over an hour to finish. But I did finish, stoned as f#(k...Very nice indeed and what I was after.
By the time I went back indoors the munchies creeped up on me and I had to eat something. Granted I didn't eat today, but then again...
I just smoked a second joint (half 'n half, like Raymond says ;) ) and it went down a lot easier. But....I am frekkin' wasted. So I bid you all farewell and goodbye...I said goodbye :toke:
OK Fez!:biggrin:
Alright, I did a test vape of Forgotten Cookies X Strawberry Nuggets yesterday, and it whacked me hard! It was a quick dry, but it tasted very very good! Is it gonna be outstanding once it's cured!

OK Fez!:biggrin:
Alright, I did a test vape of Forgotten Cookies X Strawberry Nuggets yesterday, and it whacked me hard! It was a quick dry, but it tasted very very good! Is it gonna be outstanding once it's cured!
Today I discovered the Mephisto's Wedding is more of a night time smoke. Lol :rofl:
Wanted to do a comparison with the Mephisto Wedding x CMD which I was smoking yesterday and started this morning with a lightly rolled one. Which went in alright. Then the second, still ok. But then I woke up around 17:00hours and it seemed I lost an entire day. huh :shrug:

Back