Extraction 6 Ton DIY Rosin Press

Mañ'O'Green

Kia ora. Retired to watch the grass grow.
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dabs of Rosin.
I Tried screwing around with a curling iron but I am not happy with the lack of control or the results. So I have decided to build a 6 ton rosin press for personal use. I am waiting the arrival of the heating elements to complete the project. I am also waiting until the last minute to buy the 6 ton press since stuff is always going on sale at Harbor Freight. I might get a better price than the 20% off coupon? I have done all of the machining on the plates accept the holes for the heating elements. I want to wait until I have them in hand and can measure them for a good fit. Here is the parts list:

rosinpress.jpg

I will post some pictures when I start to assemble this.

Here are some pictures of my progress. The heaters are nowhere in site; coming from Hong Kong.

The ram head is from Etsystudio.com and will disperse the force more evenly without damaging the plate:

rp2.jpg

rp1.jpg
rp3.jpg

rp4.jpg
rp5.jpg
rp7.jpg
rp6.jpg

Here is how to wire the PIDs:

PID Connections.jpg

Ok so the first heaters I ordered are no where on the horizon. The tracking numbers given are not valid and customer no service is robotic. I ordered new ones that are 8mmx60mm 120 watt from china $7.25 ea. and they are moving through the mail system with valid tracking. Hopefully I get them next week. In the meantime Harbor Freight has a 25% off coupon good for Monday so I will be picking up the press then.

Finally some progress on my 6 ton press. Harbor Freight had a 25% off coupon $64.73 w/tax today so I pulled the trigger and bought the press. Still waiting for my heat cartridges to get here from China. The ram head I thought was designed to press fit on the shaft fit tight but slipped on and off. I used some foil to shim it on tight. Assembly was not too hard and all parts were accounted for.

press1.jpg
press2.jpg

Finally some progress on my 6 ton press. Harbor Freight had a 25% off coupon $64.73 w/tax today so I pulled the trigger and bought the press. Still waiting for my heat cartridges to get here from China. The ram head I thought was designed to press fit on the shaft fit tight but slipped on and off. I used some foil to shim it on tight. Assembly was not too hard and all parts were accounted for.

View attachment 799894 View attachment 799895
I made my own ram head, I drilled and tapped for a set screw to hold it on the shaft of the press. Could you do the same?

I made my own ram head, I drilled and tapped for a set screw to hold it on the shaft of the press. Could you do the same?
The ram head is already attached to the ram?

The heaters should be here tomorrow.

Back